Chief Operating Officer
Up to $240,000, with bonus potential of up to 20%, and equity in the firm
The ideal candidate would have extensive experience in Retail, Hospitality, or Entertainment.
This role has the growth potential to become the president in the next two years
Travel: between 60%-75% per month to site locations in the US and Quebec, Canada
Fully remote but would prefer someone in the EST or CST zone.
This thriving and growing international family entertainment firm seeks an experienced COO to take the firm to the next level.
The firm seeks a dynamic leader who can build and execute thought and ambitious strategies while ensuring operational excellence. You must have exceptional interpersonal and people management skills, with the ability to create and manage high-performing, cohesive teams. Please be a clear, consistent, and empathetic communicator who excels at relationship building, constantly innovating, and has entrepreneurial instincts.
As the Chief Operating Officer, you will collaborate and partner with the CEO and the Leadership Team. The COO will have broad leadership over the business. You will develop efficiencies across operating activities, drive new business/revenue growth opportunities, and build overall company capabilities. In addition, you will have entire operations P&L accountability, lead the development and execution of plans to meet business and financial goals, and provide leadership and guidance to the whole organization.
- Oversees and provides day-to-day operational leadership and support to staff with the highest personal and professional integrity level.
- Drives the development of actionable business strategies and plans that align with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Leads / oversees all Park maintenance, Guest Success Center (Call Center), and field operations teams.
- Works closely with the Senior Leadership Team to create, implement, and roll out plans for operational processes, internal infrastructures, reporting systems, and company policies designed to foster growth, profitability, and efficiencies.
- In collaboration with the CEO and the Leadership Team, develop an annual operating plan that supports the company’s long-term operations strategy.
- Leads (in collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team) to make decisions for the company and operational activities and sets strategic goals and timelines.
- Drives company results from an operational and financial perspective by working closely with the CFO, CEO, and other Leadership Team Members.
- As requested, attend the board and its Committees’ meeting and present necessary information.
- Drives efficient and accurate service delivery (or hospitality) through solid coaching, communication, and performance management practices.
- Assess and manage the principal risks of Flight’s® business within operations (projects, staffing, etc.).
- Co-leads with Head of People Flight’s Social Impact Forum through our platform of quarterly company conversations and interactions.
- Ensure an effective succession plan is in place for the COO position and key positions reporting to the COO.
- Perform other functions related to the office of the COO.
- An enthusiasm and passion for people and serving the Vision, Mission & Values.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and executive presence.
- A team player and strong problem-solving skills and emotional intelligence.
- Gain the trust and cooperation of others to communicate concepts and ideas effectively and to motivate and hold staff accountable.
- Analytical abilities are necessary to make sound decisions and logical interpretations and motivate and hold staff accountable.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and demonstrate professional and effective working relationships.
- Vital skill set in prioritizing, strategizing, meeting deadlines, and following up on assignments and roles and responsibilities with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work on non-traditional business hours to support the needs of the business (weekends and holidays)
10+ years experience as a COO, CEO, or Senior VP, in the retail, hospitality, family entertainment, or service industries
The firm offers excellent benefits. You will begin to accrue four weeks of PTO per calendar year; (9) paid holidays: Health benefits following the Standard Company Plan, including Medical, Dental & Vision. You are eligible to enroll the first of the month after your hire date. Employer-paid benefits; Life AD&D, Short, and Long-Term Disability after the first day of the month following 60-days of employment; Professional Development: The company shall sponsor your participation in educational seminars or conferences that are relevant to your position and the corporate strategic plan, as discussed with your supervisor
Comments are closed.