Accounts Payable Specialist in a Law firm
Washington, DC, close to metro. The position is currently remote, but when employees return to the office, this position may require 3 days a week in the office and 2 days remote
9-5:30 (37.5-hour work week).
Incredible boutique law firm that is stable and growing. Great manager and team to work with and interesting work to do.
You must have used Chrome River and Elite Enterprise and 1099 experience
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be an integral part of the accounting team and will be responsible for processing invoices and check requests to ensure proper GL coding and responding to attorneys and staff regarding payment status. Position reports to the Director of Finance.
- Review all expense reports in Chrome River to ensure proper documentation, coding and compliance with travel and expense policy
- Review all invoices for appropriate coding, documentation and approval in Chrome River
- Import into Elite vendor invoices and expense reports
- Prep Excel worksheet to process weekly check run and ACH/EFT transaction summary
- Enter wire payment information to online banking platform
- Prepare and file monthly sales and use tax returns
- Setup new Vendors, verifying new vendor 1099 status, receipt of W9
- Confirm vendor wire payment instructions based on fraud protection protocol
- Respond to vendor inquiries, reconcile vendor statements, research and resolve discrepancies
- Prepare 1099 excel worksheets for yearly 1099 filings
- Assist in preparation of AP reports including audit schedules
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Support month-end and year-end close
- Handle petty cash and reimbursement
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as needed
- Assist in month-end/year-end closing processes
- Knowledge of Chrome River and Elite Enterprise is a must
- Four-year high school diploma or equivalent, a degree is preferred
- 5+ years of accounts payable experience, law firm experience preferred
- Must know basic accounting procedures
- Knowledge of sales and use tax
- Knowledge of banking and journal entries
- Knowledge of 1099’s miscellaneous
- Managing processes related to integrations with third party software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlooks, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
The firm will pay up to $75,000 with outstanding benefits, PTO, and learning!
Comments are closed.