Brian J. Steffan is originally from Cazenovia, New York, and a graduate of The Catholic University of America with a degree in business and a concentration in human resources. Brian has been in the Permanent Placement (Direct Hire) industry since 1985. He began his career in the temporary employment industry and soon moved to the permanent side with a large agency in Northern Virginia.
In 1990, he became a Vice President of a regional staffing firm and in 1995 he opened Steffan & Co., Incorporated. Since 1995 he has the remarkable distinction of successfully placing over 14,000 candidates with law firms, Fortune 500 companies and large associations in the Washington metropolitan area. He brings extensive experience in recruiting and placement of the highest quality candidates. He uses his experience to bring together candidates and clients for the benefit of both parties to make a perfect match.
Over the last 32 years, Brian has earned a reputation for only sending the right candidates (even if it means not sending anyone at all). On the reverse side, he takes great pride in finding incredible opportunities for quality candidates and really listens to what they are looking for. He understands what kind of person today’s top firms are looking to hire, while also appreciating what his candidates are looking for from their next career move and their next employer.
Brian continually educates himself and his staff on new employment laws, techniques and industry trends. He is very involved in his local community, in both business and social issues.
– He is a Class Representative for the 2010 class at Leadership Arlington.
– He has been a member of SHRM since 2008.
– He holds various leadership positions in volunteer organizations throughout Washington, DC, Virginia and West Virginia. Including the Arlington Community Center and Aspire, where he serves as a board member. Brian supports local fire and rescue squads, cancer related charities and local shelters and food banks.
– He is also heavily involved in historic preservation and was appointed by Virginia’s former Governor, Mark Warner to the Citizen’s Advisory Council on Interpreting and Furnishing the Executive Mansion of Virginia.
– He was recently described in a poll as generous, kind, open, larger than life, engaging, trustworthy,
and a real leader. Isn’t that the kind of recruiter you want to work with?
Louise Verret Joined Steffan & Co., in 2011 and has been in the legal industry for almost 40 years. She was the Personnel Manager for Squire Patton Boggs LLP, one of the top ten largest firms in Washington, DC for 30 years. She brings a lifetime of experience in recruiting, screening, hiring and managing over 200 legal secretaries and other support staff. She understands what a law firm needs and can provide it in a very short period of time due to her many connections within the industry. Isn’t this the type of person you want assisting in your hiring process?