Desktop and Depot Support Technician
Locations: Hartford, Farmington, or Middletown, Connecticut
The firm offers incredible growth, work, and benefits.
$17.00-$25.00 an hour, 8-5 M-F onsite 5 days a week ($35.000-$52,000) plus paid overtime
This International employee-focused State-of-the-Art Government Contractor provides migration, networking, computing, and security for hybrid cloud environments with cutting-edge contracts nationwide. The firm is searching for highly motivated and career-driven individuals to join their growing team as Desktop & Depot Support in Hartford, Farmington, or Middletown, Connecticut.
You will be part of our growing relationship with one of our great clients and have Desktop and Deport Support responsibilities.
Responsibilities – Desktop Support
- Provide Workstation Software Break Fix support.
- IMAC – PC Install, Moves, Adds, and Changes
- Image Loads
- Asset Recovery
- Asset tagging
- Printer Support
- Client Center (Tech Bar) Support
- IT Service Management Updates
- Other Client Support needed to maintain Workstation operations and customer satisfaction
Responsibilities – Depot Support
- Manage orderly storage of equipment within the client build center (depot)
- Perform necessary tasks related to request fulfillment and device refreshes based on provided processes and tooling, including: a) picking inventory from stock, b) image load, c) asset tagging, d) picking/packing of accessories, e) over-box, if necessary, f) coordinating for shipment carrier pickup, g) updating asset tracking information within the asset management system, and h) updating ticket status in the ITSM system
- Receive returned equipment from end users and process as appropriate, including a) determining if the device is to be reused or disposed of based on decision criteria provided by our client, b) If able to be reused, perform basic refurbishment activities (e.g., test for functionality, clean device, wipe hard drive) and place into stock, c) If device is going to be disposed, wipe hard drive following defined processes and prepare for pickup by disposal third-party, d) Update asset tracking information within the asset management system.
- Previous working experience in Desktop Support is desired. However, training will be provided for all entry-level new hires
- Knowledge of PC Imaging
- Experience with change management and incident management
- Experience with using tools such as ServiceNow, Bomgar, LapLink, and Secure Disk Wipe
- Certified Dell Technician
- Expertise in Inventory Control
- Must be within driving distance of Hartford, Farmington, or Middletown, Connecticut, and willing to work onsite in one of these locations.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident
What they offer you:
As part of the team and company, you will be part of a virtue-centered team that values their work and teammates. This is a no-jerk zone. We provide ongoing learning and development opportunities to foster continuous growth. In addition, we offer competitive salaries, health benefits, and flexible work arrangements.
The firm offers extensive Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription Insurance, A 401(k) Retirement Plan, and more.
PTO is 120 hours (15 days) per year plus nine company holidays.