Legal Administrative Assistant
Washington, DC location near Farragut North & West Metro stops
Up to $95,000 and a bonus.
During the 90 days training period, you will be in the office 5 days a week, and after, you will go to a hybrid model of 3 days in and 2 days remote.
This fantastic large full-service national firm with 20 offices throughout the US seeks an experienced legal administrative assistant to join their Wills, Trusts, and Estates practice group working with high net-worth clients in their DC office.
This non-exempt position reports to 5-6 partners from DC and NYC.
M-F – 9-5:30 – Occasional paid overtime
- Deliver excellent work and superior service to the firm’s clients; contributes to the firm’s reputation for excellence by providing highly efficient and effective secretarial and administrative support to a legal team of three or more attorneys.
- Assist attorneys in meeting client-service support demands, including providing telephone support (answering questions and being helpful to callers), performing administrative tasks as requested, and performing document production, time entry, and other related tasks.
- Communicate with attorneys and assist in balancing the team’s fast-paced, high-volume workload to ensure completion of projects within short time frames with high-quality standards; seek guidance from the Human Resources Manager when workload demands and deadlines dictate.
- Prepare internal paperwork, expense vouchers, messenger vouchers, and other forms required by other support departments.
- Schedule various events and meetings. Work with Travel Department regarding business trips, schedule conference rooms using the Conference Room Scheduler, and order refreshments for meetings when necessary.
- Prepare and process legal documents and papers, including editing documents, redlining, preparing tables of contents, and assembling physical and electronic closing binders.
- Provide dependable, flexible support.
- Demonstrate teamwork by providing secretarial and administrative support to others as requested by the Human Resources Manager whenever workload permits; contributes to the assimilation of new legal and support staff.
- A minimum of 5 years of law firm legal secretarial, legal assistant, or legal AA experience is required, supporting a minimum of five attorneys.
- Minimum of 60 wpm typing
- Advanced skills in Word (using styles, track changes, and document comparison programs); proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; Advanced skills with Outlook and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with Microsoft Teams project tracking system or a similar project management software is a plus.
- Interpersonal communication skills are necessary to maintain effective relationships with partners, attorneys, clients, and staff in person, by e-mail, and by telephone.
- Must be detailed oriented, able to work independently, and multitask in a fast-paced team environment. Must be able to manage multiple high-priority projects.
The firm offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, LTD, STD, life insurance, commuter benefits, 401k, 20 days PTO, all holidays, and so much more!