Remote Accounting Specialist
Headquarters is in NYC
Fully remote with the ability to travel to NYC once or twice a quarter for meetings. It would be best if you lived within the EDT Zone to be considered.
Up to $80,000 with great benefits, learning, and tremendous growth into a management role.
This growing audio-centric sports media brand reaches millions of listeners through 300+ podcasts with influencers, journalists, athletes, pro teams, and fans. Founded in August 2018, the company has grown from a cluster of regional podcasts to one of the largest sports audio providers on the internet. With continued growth, we are recruiting an Accounting Specialist to build and maintain financial processes.
The Accounting Specialist will report to the Director of Finance.
Our favorite client seeks an Accounting Specialist to lead all financial accounting, particularly Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and owning the company’s Chart of Accounts. The role will also oversee reporting, compliance, reconciliation, month-end closing, annual budgeting, and ad hoc analysis for our rapidly growing company. This position will be integral to developing the internal processes and systems required to scale the company. This individual will be a key contributor to senior management’s decision-making and interpretation of financial results.
This remote role is based in the New York metro area but could go hybrid.
- Manage the accounts payable process to ensure a standardized approach to payments and create proprietary payout models of the company’s Network
- Oversee Accounts Receivable procedure: collaborate with Sales and Network teams to formalize invoicing, revenue recognition, and receiving payment
- Own and maintain the P&L and annual budgets by department
- Lead month closing of the books and reconciliation vs budgets
- Manage and ensure timely compliance and financial portions of all audits
- Monitor key financial statistics and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Support healthy financial communications by partnering and collaborating with the company leaders.
- Assist with variance analysis with each department head for company flexibility
- Create and maintain internal databases, tools, and metric trackers as needed
- Vendor management to include all financial systems (e.g., NetSuite, Tipalti, Brex, etc.)
- Partner with C-Suite to support the overall company and finance department’s growth
Qualifications & Skills:
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or another analytical/quantitative discipline is preferred
- Minimum 3 years overall work experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of NetSuite platform and billing platforms (e.g., Tipalti, Bill.com) is preferred