Senior BD and Marketing Manager – Regulatory and Enforcement Practice Groups
Location: Washington, DC
This role is on a hybrid work model of 2 days per week to work remotely.
Monday-Friday, 9 am – 5 pm, Exempt
The salary range is up to $220.000 DOE and Skills.
One of the world’s premier law firms with business centers worldwide seeks a Senior Business Development and Marketing Manager in Regulatory and Enforcement practice areas.
The firm believes in a good work/life balance with direct access to resources needed for success and a centuries-old firm with stability, growth, and diverse practice groups.
As the Senior Business Development and Marketing Manager, you are a recognized leader within the Marketing Department and serve as a primary liaison to high-revenue practices and industry groups that are critical to the firm’s success. Working directly with practice/industry leaders, you will develop, lead, and execute clear strategies and business plans that support the overall business goals of the group(s). You will report directly to the Director.
You will actively learn about the service offering, lawyers, and clients of the assigned groups and related practices. To foster cross-selling, they develop and lead initiatives to deepen knowledge about our clients, their business needs, and relevant firm capabilities.
You may be directly responsible for Business Development and Marketing Manager, Specialist, and Coordinator level professionals. Additionally, they are expected to lead by example, mentor junior team members, and embody the highest service delivery standards. The role requires the development of strong and effective working relationships within the Marketing Department, as well as with other professional business functions and lawyers, across the Firm’s global platform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consults with practice/industry leaders and other partners to develop and execute marketing and client development plans for the group and individual lawyers
- Ensures a coordinated, sustained level, and appropriate mix of marketing and business development activity in support of the group’s business objectives
- Leads, attends and contributes to practice/industry group meetings and planning sessions
- Serves as project manager and key contributor for RFPs, pitches, and other business development projects, both for primary groups and others, as needed
- Manages, develops, and refines processes and procedures relating to the practice(s) business development “infrastructure” (e.g., written collateral; database/matter lists, contact lists; opportunity tracking, etc.); ensures processes are efficient and the best possible use is made of available technology and other resources
- Leverages market knowledge to drive strategy within service areas and identify ways to distinguish service offerings
- Facilitates the planning, implementation, and follow-up of new business or cross-marketing opportunities
- Advises on the business development and marketing budget for the practice, providing guidance and recommendations to the leaders of the group, including evaluating the return on investment of initiatives
- Leads the development of profile-raising activities for the practice, including the submission of rankings, surveys, league tables, and other recognitions, as well as sponsorships and programs
- Participates in hiring, managing, and developing staff; oversees daily operations and monitors staff work product; manages professional development of staff, including establishing goals, coaching, and training; prepares annual performance appraisals and provides timely feedback on performance
- Delegates work efficiently and effectively with other team members
- Collaborates with other leaders and business professionals within and outside the Marketing Department on projects that cross practices, regions, and functions
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 10+ years of professional marketing, business development, or other relevant experience in a law firm
- A minimum of four (4) years of direct personnel management experience
- Deep market knowledge and understanding of the business and legal landscape in assigned practice areas/industries
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to present to management and peers
- Experience working with sensitive or confidential information
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Advanced degree in a related area, such as marketing, law, business, or communications (M.B.A. or J.D. a considerable plus)
- Working knowledge of customer relationship, pipeline, and experience management databases such as InterAction, Salesforce, and Foundation
- Familiarity with relevant market research tools, as well as law firm rankings, awards, and league table publications
The firm offers excellent big-firm benefits that include Health/vision/dental insurance coverage starting on day 1.
Pension plans: the firm contributes 5% of eligible pay (including base and bonus) to employees’ pension plan accounts. Employees are fully vested after 3 years of service.
401k: You can sign up immediately, with no waiting period: Pre-tax and post-tax contribution options.
23 days of PTO, additional learning, and more!
Raise and bonus in July and a small holiday bonus