Law Library Knowledge & Research Analyst
You must possess a JD or an MLS.
You can work out of the following firm offices: Boston, Chicago, Columbus, OH, DC, Nashville, Newark, NJ, NYC, or Stamford, CT.
The firm offers a hybrid model of 3 days onsite and 2 days working remotely.
Hours: CST: 10-6:30 and EST: 9:30-6 with occasional overtime – Exempt position
The firm offers a competitive range of $80,000 – $100,000
The ideal candidate would be an independent worker who desires to contribute and take the initiative to do more, is a quick learner, and is excited about research. You will work with other analysts throughout the US.
A fabulous manager who treats you with respect and professionalism and wants you to grow with the firm.
This large, multi-office, award-winning national full-service multi-practice law firm that believes in Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity and providing the best service to its clients seeks an experienced knowledge & Research Analyst for their national law library.
You will report to the Manager of Library & Research. This position will work as part of a national team to provide research, competitive intelligence, and other information-based services to the 15 offices of the firm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide both legal & non-legal research for attorneys and staff using free and fee-based subscription resources.
- Monitor both state and federal regulatory and legislative developments, as well as current litigation.
- Research legislative and regulatory history at both the federal and state level.
- Conduct in-depth research and analysis on companies, industries, competitors, marketplaces, and technologies.
- Produce cogent and succinct deliverables in response to research requests.
- Monitor various news and intelligence sources for business development opportunities and market visibility.
- Input client billing into business systems for research services.
- Contribute to the department’s strategic planning, outreach efforts, and policy formulation.
- Conduct training and orientation sessions for attorneys and paralegals.
- Assist in administrative tasks including collection development, product review, and maintenance of the remaining physical library materials, when needed.
- Exhibit exceptional customer service skills.
A JD or an MLS is required.
- 2+ years of legal research experience in a corporation’s law firm or legal department is required.
- Experience researching in specialized legal (Westlaw, Lexis, Bloomberg, PACER) business (Pitchbook, CIQ, D&B, Mergent) and legislative (Politico Pro, FiscalNote) databases are essential.
- Experience monitoring federal & state legislative and regulatory developments is desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and document management software.
- Experience with Manzama is a plus.
Medical (PPO -EEO) dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, backup child/elder care, 401k, profit sharing, pretax transportation, 23 days PTO and all Federal holidays.
Comments are closed.