Associate Attorney, Aerospace and Defense
Highly ranked and rated international law firm
The salary range from $135,000 to $200,000, plus a bonus
A 37.5-hour work week, and you can start from 8:30-10 am and end from 5-6:30 pm.
The firm offers a hybrid model 3/2 after being fully trained, but it is 5 days a week in the office during training and learning the job.
A happy, collaborative, firm culture of diversity and respect.
We are seeking associate-level support for existing clients.
Washington, DC, near two metro stops
Experience in advising clients on issues in government and commercial contracts involving A&D matters, drafting legal memoranda, bid protests, REAs and claims, and substantive policy articles and commentary
Experience researching the law applicable to government contracts and subcontracts, administrative law, and regulatory requirements at the federal and state level
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING:
- 3+ years of experience in federal government contracts, with some experience in U.S. export controls, including OFAC sanctions. Space law experience is a plus
- Experience with the FAR, DFARS, other agency FAR supplements, size protests; teaming agreements, JVs, and mentor/protégé; subcontracting and supply chain; data rights; M&A; including compliance, plus transactional and litigation support
- Experience representing clients in administrative or court proceedings, including bid protests and claims, internal and government investigations, and compliance planning and training
- Admitted to the State Bar of Michigan or the D.C. Bar or to practice in the courts in Maryland or Virginia, or eligible for admission by anticipated start date
- Portable book of business a plus
- Experience with government contracting cost issues, government and commercial IP rights, FMS, FMF, security clearances and FOCI, and CFIUS a plus
- Able to manage new and existing client relationships
- Desire to be actively involved in business development
Outstanding health, medical, dental, vision coverage, AD&D, LTD, STD, 401k, Pet insurance, four weeks PTO, all holidays and one floating holiday, retail and entertainment discounts, 100% PAID parking, a holiday bonus, and SO much more.
Comments are closed.