Conflicts Associate Attorney VA, DC, or MD barred.
Depending on where you live and are barred, you can work in the firm’s Tysons, VA, DC, or Baltimore, MD offices.
You must be barred from either VA, MD, or DC.
Hybrid work model, after training, the position is hybrid, 3 days in the office and 2 days remote.
Salary up to $140,000
This highly rated multi-office law firm seeks a Conflicts Associate Attorney.
The firm seeks a skilled and highly organized Conflicts Attorney to join their prestigious law firm.
As a Conflicts Attorney, you will identify, analyze, and resolve potential conflicts of interest to ensure compliance with professional, ethical, and legal requirements. Your primary objective will be to protect the firm’s reputation by conducting thorough and accurate conflicts searches and providing recommendations on potential conflicts. The ideal candidate will possess a strong legal background, exceptional attention to detail, and excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Conduct comprehensive conflicts searches and analyses using the firm’s conflicts database and other resources.
- Identify potential conflicts of interest arising from new client matters, lateral hires, and other internal and external factors.
- Evaluate conflicts reports and related materials to determine the nature and extent of conflicts.
- Draft consents and conflicts waivers, ensuring compliance with legal and ethical standards.
- Provide guidance and assistance in managing client guidelines related to conflicts of interest, confidentiality, and ethical obligations.
- Collaborate with attorneys, paralegals, and support staff to gather necessary information for conflict analysis.
- Provide clear and concise conflict clearance recommendations to firm management and attorneys.
- Assist in developing and implementing conflicts policies and procedures.
- Stay updated on legal and ethical rules related to conflicts of interest, confidentiality, and professional responsibility.
- Coordinate with the conflicts team to update and maintain the conflicts database and ensure accurate conflict reporting.
- Conduct conflicts training sessions for attorneys and staff members.
- Respond promptly to conflicts-related inquiries from attorneys and staff.
- Monitor and track conflicts clearance process to ensure timely resolution.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive information with the utmost discretion.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from an accredited law school.
- Active membership in good standing with the bar association of the relevant jurisdiction in MD, DC or VA.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a conflicts attorney or in a related legal role.
- In-depth knowledge of conflicts of interest rules, legal ethics, and professional responsibility.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to assess complex legal scenarios.
- Excellent attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in using conflicts database software and other relevant legal technology tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
Excellent benefits, PTO, 401k, and growth