Legal Secretary – Legal Assistant
Great attorneys, Secretarial Manager, firm culture and more? Up to $82,000
The Ideal Candidate will have medium to large firm experience and solid tenure in each of their jobs
One of DC’s premier law firms seeks a legal secretary with experience in a variety of practice areas such as international Trade, Communications, Litigation, Real Estate, all helpful, but not required. Please have 5-25 years of solid professional experience.
9:00 am – 5:30 pm, Monday – Friday (37.50 work week.
- Compose general correspondence, reports, memoranda, spreadsheets, expense reports, and complex documents that may require advanced word processing skills.
- Maintain attorney(s) appointment calendar, meetings, business trips, sensitive client matters, and prepares mailings.
- Arrange all travel reservations and prepares all travel expense reports.
- Transcribe legal documents, correspondence and reports from rough draft, dictation or transcription.
- Open new files requests conflict of interest checks with appropriate department and maintains all client and general files.
- Keep files current and filing up-to-date for each client/matter.
- Conduct periodic review for possible storage of older files; prepares files to be closed.
- The ability to compose documents in the appropriate business style using correct grammar and spelling; ability to communicate clearly using proper grammar and diction over the telephone; ability to proofread typed material for grammatical, typographical or spelling errors.
- Intensive document organization and preparation skills required.
- Proficiency in e-filing in state and federal courts.
- 5-25 years of Legal Secretarial experience
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm
- Solid MS Word and Excel skills and you will be tested on typing and Word and Excel 2016
9-5:30, occasional overtime and spectacular benefits. Close to Foggy Bottom Metro and very stable. Up to $82,000