Associate Attorney, Estate and Succession Planning
You can work in any office in Detroit, Ann Arbor, Lansing, Grand Rapids, Troy, or Washington, DC
Highly ranked and rated international law firm.
The salary range is from $135,000 to $200,000, plus a bonus.
A 37.5-hour work week, and you can start from 8:30-10 am and end from 5-6:30 pm.
The firm offers a hybrid model 3/2 after being fully trained, but it is five days a week in the office during training and learning the job.
A happy, collaborative, firm culture of diversity and respect.
You will perform the general duties of an Estate and Succession Planning Associate by advising and drafting various legal documents in estate planning, estate, and gift tax, and business succession planning while supporting other partner-level attorneys.
- Meet with clients to discern their wishes and draft appropriate documents, including Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Health Care Directives, irrevocable trusts, and business planning documents.
- Advise on the estate, gifts, GST tax, and income tax matters. Primary areas include estate and tax planning for mid to high-net-worth individuals and families, income tax, transfer tax, and charitable planning.
- Involved in estate administration matters, including estate, fiduciary income, and gift tax returns; counseling fiduciaries in estate and trust settlement and administration; preparing and filing probate administration documents; and attending probate hearings in probate matters.
- The Associate also supports other attorneys with the above tasks as required.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Position requires 1-5 years of solid knowledge in estate planning, estate and gift tax, and business succession planning.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to accurately summarizes complex problems and proposed solutions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited law school.
- Admitted to the Michigan State Bar, or eligible to become admitted promptly.
Outstanding health, medical, dental, vision coverage, AD&D, LTD, STD, 401k, Pet insurance, four weeks PTO, all holidays and one floating holiday, retail and entertainment discounts, 100% PAID parking, a holiday bonus, and SO much more.
Comments are closed.