Executive Secretary – Chief of Staff – NO LEGAL REQUIRED
Firm Title: Practice Group Team Lead
Washington, DC, location near 2 Metro stops.
A bachelor’s degree is required.
Hill, Government, or nonprofit experience preferred.
Bring your management, chief of staff, executive secretary, and executive assistant skills to this firm and grow your career.
One of the world’s premier law firms with business centers worldwide seeks an experienced Chief of Staff – Executive Secretary to support the head of the firm’s Privacy and Cybersecurity practice group and 3 additional partners and associates.
You are eligible for up to 1 day of remote work per week after the 90-day training period.
9-5 M-F This position is EXEMPT with 10-20 hours of on-call, evening, and some weekend work.
Up to $140,000 DOE.
The firm is looking for an experienced operational professional who enjoys solving complex problems and is motivated by flawless execution. This role requires an independent self-starter who serves as an ambassador/ chief of staff to the managing partner and his clients/ partners while demonstrating sound judgment and establishing a foundation of loyalty through behaviors that inspire trust.
This group has a legal secretary, and this role will manage the administrative support of the Privacy and Cybersecurity Practice Area Team, allowing leaders to focus on leading the practice team and practicing law. The person in this position will add value to the team by taking ownership of the day-to-day running of administrative matters and taking a proactive and flexible approach to ensure the smooth running of the practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Practice Area Team Support
- Build key relationships with the leaders, PAT’s leaders, partners, and associates e familiar with and proactively address their business needs.
- Schedule and prepare agenda for PAT meetings; preparation for all commitments and engagements, including comprehensive briefing materials and pre-reads, meeting agendas, presentations, itineraries, etc.
- Function as a liaison for other administrative departments and existing resources, i.e., Learning & Development; Diversity, Equity & Inclusion; Knowledge Management; Marketing & Business Development; Accounting; Legal Recruiting; Conflicts, etc., by providing information, data, and key metrics that will assist in identifying and then guiding firm-wide and practice specific initiatives.
Attorney Administrative Support
- Handle and screen a high level of incoming communications during regular working hours and after hours by phone, email, video conferences, etc. and appropriately respond, file, and delegate.
- Provide complex and dynamic scheduling and calendar support for the assigned lawyers.
- Coordinate time entry and client bills, generate monthly internal utilization reports, provide monthly and quarterly estimate reporting data, analyze billing data, and respond to miscellaneous client inquiries/requests.
- Process new business forms, new client/matter reports, and conflicts of interest checks.
- Maintain a roster of billing arrangements for key clients.
- Coordinate U.S. & Foreign complex travel arrangements by securing end-to-end arrangements, at times with very little notice, including flights, hotels, transfers, itineraries, and any necessary visa documentation.
- Manage expense reports in line with firm expense policies.
Client Relationship Management
- Communicate directly with, and build/maintain relationships with key high-profile clients of the Privacy and Cybersecurity practice.
- Communicate and work with clients of the PAT, key stakeholder Legal Secretaries, and other support staff teams to provide and coordinate first-class, proactive support to the partners.
- Attend client functions, as needed, which may require the flexibility to work outside of scheduled work hours.
Required and Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years of related work experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Possess superior organizational and time-management skills, including the ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Background working in large, global company environments preferred
- Ability to type 50 WPM
The firm offers excellent big-firm benefits that include Health/vision/dental insurance coverage starting day 1
Pension plan: the firm contributes 5% of eligible pay (including base, and bonus) to employees’ pension plan accounts. Employees are fully vested after 3 years of service.
401k: Can sign up immediately, with no waiting period. Pre-tax, post-tax contribution options.
23 days PTO
Raise and Bonus in July and a small holiday bonus in December.