Cloud Architect IV
Work onsite 5 days a week in Herndon, VA in a Covid safe office with all safety protocols.
A TS/SCI with a Full Scope Poly Clearance is required
Incredible opportunity with a World Leader in Technology
Perfect job for former military or an individual with a high-level security clearance
This is a full-time permanent W-2 position with full benefits working on a long-term contract. The firm values long-term employees and will always have work for you!
Up to $190,000!
This International employee-focused State-of-the-Art Government Contractor with cutting-edge contracts throughout the USA seeks a Cloud Architect with an active DoD TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly clearance.
You will be responsible for the planning and design of cloud-based solutions. Facilitates requirements gathering, analysis, and development of solution architectures. Prepares detailed technical documentation and design documents. Organizes and oversees the development and implementation of cloud-based solutions. Maintain INFOSEC, CONOPS, and OPSEC plans Maintain an O&M plan Provide data center architecture and contingency plan that accounts for COOP and DR Develop a strategic plan in conjunction with the government to accommodate COOP and DR failover.
Required skills and Experience:
- An active TS/SCI security clearance and Full-Scope Polygraph.
- Experience with network architecture, security, application and database software installation and maintenance.
- Broad design expertise across VPC design, IAM definition, OS tuning/configuration, Kubernetes, database tuning/configuration, DevOps toolchains, provisioning automation, service management, operations and security
- Excellent communication & documentation skills to articulate the solution architecture and roadmap at executive levels
- Knowledgeable of DevOps and CI/CD automation tools such as Git, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, and cloud native scripting such as CloudFormation and ARM templates.
- Knowledgeable of scripting with one or more: YAML, JSON, PowerShell, BASH or Python • Docker and Kubernetes container orchestration and management platform e.g., OpenShift or equivalent implementation
- In depth understanding of security controls and implementations in the cloud
- Must have worked on Agile projects and understand Scrum, Scrum Master a plus
- Deep understanding of design best practices for at least one cloud provider
- Familiarity with the logging and monitoring tools like ELK, Splunk, CloudWatch, and CloudTrail a plus
- Experience configuring databases and messaging services a plus
- Cloud storage knowledge of services like S3, Blob storage, Swift, Rubrik, Cohesity etc., a plus
- Certified in one or more cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP) is required. Multiple certs preferred across two or more cloud ecosystems.
- Expertise with SDLC life cycle (agile and waterfall) and associated IT processes – Scrum and/or Design Thinking certification is desirable
- Knowledge and experience with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is a plus
- Mentoring and coaching of engineers
- Ability to storyboard presentations to gain client commitment and buy-in
- Assemble and lead a team of architects and engineers with engagement management oversight
- Competencies and depth in IT strategy, enterprise architecture, solution architecture, and automation. Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7+ years demonstrated experience architecting modern cloud services across a broad range of technologies. Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise • 8+ years demonstrated experience architecting modern cloud services across a broad range of technologies.
The firm offers extensive Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription Insurance and pays 80% of the premiums, free life insurance, STD/LTD, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment & Worker’s Compensation. A 401(k) Retirement Plan, an annual Performance/Profit-Sharing bonus program, and a stock incentive plan.
The firm offers tuition reimbursement per calendar year for eligible fees and expenses of a degree that is related to your job for career advancement, and the firm will pay for I.T. training as required and offers a bonus program for certifications achieved while at the firm
PTO is 120 hours (15 days) per year plus nine company holidays.
The firm offers other unique benefits such as affordable Legal Services and Identity Theft Protection services. In addition, the firm provides a monthly phone and Internet allowance, plus a company laptop and service plan.