Conflicts Staff Attorney
Washington DC office.
Hybrid work model of 2 remote days per week; however, you must be willing to start working 100% onsite (approximately 90 days, for training purposes.
Monday-Friday, 9 am-5 pm; this is an EXEMPT position.
No billable hours requirement! The salary range is $120k-$150k
One of the world’s premier law firms with business centers worldwide seeks a Conflicts Staff Attorney to be part of a global team of 50 conflicts staff attorneys (including attorneys, analysts, researchers, and operations staff). You will join the New Business team working with new clients/matters.
The firm believes in a good work/life balance (little to no work after hours, no rotating coverage on weekends, etc.) with direct access to resources needed for success and a centuries-old firm with stability, growth, and diverse practice groups.
As a Conflicts Staff Attorney will be responsible for assisting with the review, identification, and resolution of potential conflicts issues Firmwide. This position will report to the New Business Conflicts Staff Attorney Manage. You will work closely with the Deputy General Counsel, Director of Conflicts/Legal, Director of Conflicts/Operations, Conflicts and New Business Team, Lateral Conflicts Team, and Firm partners. This role can reside in any of the Firm’s U.S. offices and is a hybrid in-office position. Job responsibilities and duties will include a combination of the below depending on whether you are focused on clearing New Business. If there is an overlap in responsibilities, training will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze conflicts reports for all new business, informational requests, and changes in current matters that arise
- Review search results generated by the Conflicts Analysts and identify potential conflicts of interest concerning all new business
- Prepare a Conflicts Summary for firm lawyers outlining conflicts results
- Work closely with Firm lawyers, the Director of Conflicts/Legal, and NB CSA Managers to implement screening requirements, obtain waivers and answer other conflicts inquiries as required
- Perform analysis and reviews of new business forms and assist with the new business intake process as needed
- Draft engagement letters, waivers, and screens as needed
- Participate in weekly meetings of the Conflicts Staff Attorneys (New Business and Lateral)
- Study and stay current with laws and rules about conflicts of interest concerning each jurisdiction in which the Firm maintains offices
- Maintain records for tracking and timely completion of all conflicts review projects undertaken
- Perform various special projects and duties as assigned
- Communicate with Firm partners to resolve potential conflicts of interest that are identified in the search results
- Review Conflicts Questionnaires submitted by lateral hire candidates
- Review search results generated by the Conflicts Analysts and identify potential conflicts of interest concerning the lateral candidate
- Prepare a comprehensive Conflicts Summary for lateral partner candidates that lists all current clients and matters on which the partner candidate is working and identifies all potential conflicts and screens that will be necessary. This report will be reviewed by sponsoring partners and Firm management.
Education and Experience:
- 2-4 years of conflicts clearance at a large law firm is strongly preferred but not required.
- JD and admission to a bar in the jurisdiction where the firm has an office.
- You should be authorized to practice and in good standing,
- Database research experience, InTapp experience
The firm offers excellent big-firm benefits that include Health/vision/dental insurance coverage starting on day 1; pension plans: the firm contributes 5% of eligible pay (including base and bonus) to employees’ pension plan accounts. Employees are fully vested after 3 years of service. 401k: You can sign up immediately, with no waiting period. Pre-tax, post-tax contribution options. 23 days of PTO and additional learning and more!