Director of Attorney Recruitment
You can work in Baltimore, MD, or Washington, DC; they prefer this position to be in the office 5 days a week but will offer some remote work if necessary
Salary is up to $180,000 with outstanding benefits and bonus potential
This incredibly stable and growing firm with a dynamic firm culture seeks a Director of Attorney Recruitment. You will work under the highly respected Chief Human Resources Officer’s (CHRO) supervision.
You will be responsible for all aspects of recruiting and hiring lateral lawyers for all offices. Primary duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage full lifecycle recruitment process of lateral partners and groups. Oversee candidate sourcing via search firms, social media, internet searches, referrals, and informational interviews to attract and hire top-notch talent.
- Interview candidates, negotiate and extend offers, perform due diligence and oversee the disposition of candidates in the applicant tracking system.
- Conduct due diligence on candidates, including obtaining and reviewing lateral partner questionnaires, analyzing candidate metrics, and lead book vetting meetings.
- Partner with Conflicts Counsel regarding conflicts for new hires.
- Draft offer letters.
- Establish and maintain relationships with search firms, professional recruiting organizations, and career services professionals at law schools.
- Devise growth strategies with President, Chairman, Chief Marketing Officer, and Practice Group Leaders to acquire firms, practice groups, and partner-level lawyers.
- Work with the firm’s Director of Diversity and Inclusion on the firm’s diversity pipeline programs and initiatives relating to the recruitment and retention of diverse lawyers.
- Manage lateral integrating and onboarding.
- Oversee the drafting of new hire paperwork and orientation materials and collaborate with marketing on the welcome package.
- Collaborate on the firm’s mentoring program.
Pro Bono and Civic Engagement
- Co-manage Firm’s Pro Bono Advocate Program.
- Promote pro bono opportunities and liaison with law schools and legal services providers.
- Coordinate lunch-and-learn presentations for public service organizations.
- Monitor the firm’s pro bono billable hour policy.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree is required, and a J.D. is preferred
- Minimum of five (3) years’ experience recruiting partners and practice groups
- Law firm experience preferred
- Must exercise the highest level of confidentiality and integrity
- Experience in working with recruiting databases
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely and effectively with all levels of the firm and department personnel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve, use sound judgment and discretion
- Strong customer service orientation with a positive and professional demeanor
- Works well under pressure and successfully manages multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in M.S. Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in viGlobal – Applicant Tracking, Project Assignment, Job Performance Database, and Simplicity Career Management
Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, $100,000 life insurance, 401k, commuter discounts, wellness program, flexible leave policy2 weeks’ PTO, 9 holidays, and more!