Entry-Level Capital Markets Paralegal
Manhattan, NY location
Rare 35-hour work week! 8-4 or 9-5 with paid overtime and a hybrid work model of 2 days (Tuesdays & Wednesdays) a week in the office.
$50,000 – $55,000 with paid overtime and bonus
NO EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED!
One of the world’s largest and most prestigious law firms with offices worldwide seeks a hard-working entry-level Capital Markets Paralegal to join their busy Capital Markets practice group.
You will support the New York Capital Markets Practitioners and the National Capital Markets Practice Group. This position will report to the Manager, Paralegal Services, and the Paralegal Services Administrator.
- Be trained and learn Capital Markets law
- On-going interaction and communication with attorneys, opposing counsel, clients, and other third parties
- Oversee and coordinate transaction closings and assist attorneys in reviewing, organizing, obtaining, and preparing closing documentation
- Assemble and distribute all post-closing documentation to transaction parties
- Fulfill requests and field questions from clients and transaction parties
- Maintain all records for completed transactions
- Prepare and ensure timely filing of UCC financing statements and continuations
- Conduct pre-closings, coordinate execution of closing documents, and maintain transaction files
- These duties may be ongoing or ad-hoc in nature
- Other duties as may be assigned to meet the requirements of the position fully
Required Experience & Qualifications
A Bachelor’s Degree
Some legal experience in school or a legal environment
Desire to work in a legal environment
Strong verbal, written, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
Strong computer technical skills and demonstrated ability to learn new software
Ability to meet the minimum billable hourly requirement of 1350 hours a year
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, PDF creation tools, and use of the Internet
Legal document management software, Intapp or other timekeeping software, Internet required
- 35-hour workweek
- The overall well-being of their team is important, and generous benefits help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k), and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off – 21 paid days your first year/ 29 paid days off after your first year/ 10 paid holidays per year
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.