Executive Assistant to the CEO and President
Up to $100,000
DC location and currently working remotely until October with a hybrid model being discussed
This incredible children’s education organization seeks a top-notch executive assistant responsible for providing direct, substantive, administrative/ management support to the President & CEO by acting as a trusted gatekeeper and advisor. You will also assist the President & CEO by providing critical support in relationship management by serving as a liaison between the President & CEO, the leadership of the DC Team, members of the Board of Directors, and Investors. In addition, you will ensure that organizational milestones are achieved by providing project coordination support on behalf of the President & CEO. You must be creative and enjoy working within a small, fast-paced environment that is mission and results-driven and community-oriented.
- Develop an understanding of the organization’s mission, investment approach, and programmatic efforts
- Facilitate the development of messaging and communications from the President & CEO that promote the mission to all stakeholder audiences
- Remain informed of the status and outcomes of partnerships and investments to ensure integration of the latest information into messaging and communications
- Prepares and manages the President and CEO’s schedule to maximize the strategic use of time to achieve organizational
- Monitors, the email account of the President & CEO to ensure timely communication and flow of information
- Coordinates and communicates with the Board of Directors to cultivate the relationships between directors and the President &
- Researches, reviews, and prepares confidential and sensitive documents and briefs the President & CEO regarding
- Coordinates travel arrangements and prepare related schedules, calendars, and
- Coordinates and schedules both internal and external meetings and
- Process President and CEO’s monthly expense report and corporate credit card
- Organizes, files, copies, and distributes documents and meeting
- Maintains President & CEO’s contact management system using Salesforce and captures all relevant meeting information.
- Provides backup support for Salesforce database
- Support development events and activities that involve the President & CEO (e.g., event planning, preparation, and coordination)
- Work with the Business Manager to maintain an organized office environment and efficient office operations
- Works with the Vice President of External Affairs to create and prepare press, media, and presentations for various
- Advises the President & CEO on invitations, speaking engagements, stakeholder meetings, etc. – working with other team members to prioritize
- Drafts and edits letters, memos, emails, notes, reports, and other
- Prepares draft agendas and related information for the weekly internal Partner/Team meetings and monthly Executive Committee meetings
- Oversees the timely management of communications both written and via telephone with the organization’s
internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepares copies of presentations and information packets as needed in support of President & CEO’s
- Be an active participant in critical internal workflow meetings, gaining an understanding of the work of the organization
- Coordinates internal and external tasks, including preparation for meetings, briefings, and special events; also maintains records of meeting activities and follow-up
- Maintain close contact with the President & CEO, developing an understanding of her vision for the organization and perspective on the ongoing work
- Ensure information flow between the organization and the President & CEO
- Manages the flow of information to the organization’s stakeholders and assists the President & CEO in
maintaining these relationships.
- Assist in integrating the work of various departments reporting to the President &
- Facilitates access to the President & CEO for the rest of the team, ensuring that the President & CEO has the opportunity to maintain relationships, manage performance, advise, counsel, and maintain open communication with all members of the team
To be successful, you will need to use a “project management” approach to prioritize multiple demands, can exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, possess advanced Microsoft Office knowledge, strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple tasks. The ability to work independently on projects from conception to completion and must work under pressure to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. The individual must also be able to pivot between working in direct support of the President and CEO and engaging with the other team members in a collaborative setting to execute against the organization’s mission.
9-5:30 with flexibility for additional hours as needed. The firm offers exceptional benefits and an outstanding work-life balance