Finance Manager – Law Firm
FULLY REMOTE after the training period, but you must live in the DMV and be able to come into the office when needed.
Washington, DC, near Metro
Hours (EDT): 8:30-5, 9-5:30, 9:30-6 – EXEMPT
The firm is paying up to $220,000 with incredible benefits!
This well-respected and award-winning international law firm that offers full services to its clients and believes in work-life balance and diversity.
The position is open due to retirement, and the current finance manager will remain to transition you to the firm.
As the Finance Manager, you will manage the firm’s financial department. You will prepare analyses of internal and external financial reports and statements, prepare and oversee financial forecasts and planning, capital expenditures and operating budgets, and oversee payroll, accounts payable, and other functions of the Accounting Department.
You will supervise 8 staff members.
- Manage the Firm’s billing system and provide support to all users, including assessing reporting needs and handling implementation of electronic billing and other special client requests;
- Responsible for maintaining internal billing rates/fixed fees on the billing system.
- Communicate with clients regarding their account balances and questions;
- Primary contact with a banking relationship manager, responsible for initiating wire transfers and signature on all outgoing Firm checks; manage Firm funds in all bank accounts, initiate credit requests and compliance issues with those requests;
- Handle enrollment meetings for the Firm’s pension plan; provide details to Pension provider of all contributions, loan payments, and distribution requests; provide information for annual testing; coordinate with external auditors on annual pension audit, review 5500 reports, file annual required returns;
- Attend Management Committee and Partnership Meetings; Prepare, review, and present a monthly report on financial statements; prepare and present the annual budget for the Firm; coordinate multi-office financial information; analyze actual to budget information monthly.
- Responsible for maintaining the Firm’s Electronic timekeeping system and integrating it with the payroll system; supervise processing of the payroll and semi-monthly tax payments;
- Prepare monthly staff review worksheets
- Prepare all partner draw payments; maintaining capital balances; calculate all incoming and outgoing partner pay-in/pay-outs;
- Respond to all partner requests for information, as well as all staff requests for verification of employment information.
- Prepare yen-based financial statements for Japanese income tax preparation and assist Tokyo office staff with internal bookkeeping.
- Provide detailed schedules to external auditors at year-end reconciling all accounts; respond to auditor’s inquires; review auditor-prepared reports, file all tax returns;
- Prepare and file Personal Property tax returns;
- Prepare foreign country certification forms filed annually with the IRS;
- Respond to multiple Census Bureau surveys regarding quarterly foreign transactions, economic analysis, etc.
- Supervise Accounting department staff and coordinate responses to daily fax e-mail inquiries.
Education & Experience:
B.S. Accounting and Finance, CPA preferred
10+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience in a law firm and 2 years as a manager
Proficiency in automated time and billing systems and Microsoft Office Suite
Medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, dependent care, 401k, 10 vacation days, 10 sick days, 2 personal days, and 10 holidays. Life insurance and STD & LTD