German Speaking IP Specialist
Only 1 year of IP experience is required.
You must be fluent in German!
$60,000 – $90,000 DOE
5 days a week onsite, working with a happy and collaborative team and a fabulous office dog!
Old Town Alexandria with FREE parking or 10 minutes from the King Street Metro stop
This international boutique IP firm has great client relationships and believes its teams make them happen.
They are seeking an IP Assistant to join the team in supporting their predominantly German clientele. The ideal candidate has at least one year of IP experience, is fluent in German, and is a self-starter with an exceptional eye for detail. Enjoys working independently, has strong organizational skills, can prioritize tasks, enjoys working in a high-volume environment, and thrives on learning something new daily.
- You will handle many aspects of patent prosecution from filing to issue, including docketing, billing, client correspondence, status checks, and preparing and filing documents with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Document submissions include, but are not limited to, new utility, design, provisional, and plant applications, original and supplemental application data sheets, recordation of assignments and other documents affecting ownership, declarations, powers of attorney, the chain of title forms, priority documents, information disclosure statements, preliminary amendments, sequence listings, English translations, responses to pre-examination formalities notices (Notices to File Missing Parts, Notices to Correct Application Papers, Notices to Comply, etc.), requests for corrected Official Filing Receipts, corrective assignments, issue fees, responses to Office Actions, terminal disclaimers, extensions of time, requests for continued examination, continued prosecution applications, AFCP requests, notices of appeal, appeal briefs, reply briefs, requests for certificate of corrections, various petitions, maintenance fees, and other types of documents on an as-needed basis.
- Obtaining IDS references from available online databases, proofreading and formatting work generated by attorneys, patent agents, and technical advisors, and complying with USPTO and Firm rules and regulations, as well as other projects.
Benefits and Amenities:
- 401k contribution with immediate 100% Vesting
- Medical, dental, vision, group life & disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Work-life balance
- 1-15 years of general IP experience.
- Native German Fluency.
- Solid Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer experience with Excel being a plus.
- Enjoy being around dogs
- high school diploma or GED certificate.
- A college degree is a plus.