Rare opportunity to join this forward-thinking, diverse, inclusive, and prestigious law firm.
Chicago, IL Based with a current hybrid model of 3 days in the office and 2 days remote
Located near Union Station and North Shoreline stations in Chicago.
This award-winning international firm with 25 offices in all major business centers worldwide seeks an HRIS Assistant/coordinator who loves working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness, and adaptability.
If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness, and adaptability, then you would be the person the firm is seeking to join the Global HRIS department in Chicago as an HRIS Assistant/coordinator.
You will serve as the first line of support for global HR department needs for PeopleSoft HCM, ViDesktop, Objective Manager, and other HR systems and requests for reports.
- Coordinates incoming requests for assistance from internal customers
- Conducts global HR data audits to identify discrepancies and work to improve HR data integrity and capability continually
- Plays a key role in providing “best practice” guidance to data maintainers regarding usage of all HR systems
- Works collaboratively with global HR leaders and team members, global HRIS team, and the global IT HR Systems Development team
- Maintains and updates system and training documentation and delivers end-user training on all applicable HR systems
- Coordinates requests for user access rights, requests for changes to systems access, and the alignment with the firm’s data privacy and security guidelines
- Participates in change management programs as needed for all HR/Payroll processes
- Contributes to proposed requirements using standard functional specification templates in response to approved customizations and/or configuration updates
- Assists in providing test scenarios and scripts for customizations
- Participates in functional and user acceptance testing
- Compiles and analyzes the US and global reports for HRIS Analysts in preparation for senior management, clients, and media publications
- Writes reports, analyzes data for quality control, and liaises with Global HR IT Systems Development team and HR system vendors to ensure accuracy and quality of data production are maintained
- Develops specific expertise in areas of data integrity, data analysis, and report writing
- Writes, maintains, and supports a variety of HR, Benefits, and Payroll reports and queries
- Participates in making recommendations for improving system functionality and/or processes
- Works with technical and end-user staff to analyze and troubleshoot system errors and functionality issues in all applicable HR databases
- Conducts HR data audits for all systems and notifies end-users and appropriate management regarding missing or inaccurate data elements required for established procedures
- Performs routine reporting to provide common data needed by department end-users and senior management, creating ad-hoc reports as necessary
- Runs processes within Payroll, Benefits, and other HCM applications to update systems as necessary
- Maintains email distribution lists in Microsoft Outlook using firm approved pre-defined naming conventions
- Works with Recruiting, HR, and other departments to resolve distribution list ownership and assignment issues
- Processes additions and modifications of names to each distribution list and raise issues to the appropriate individual
- Performs audits of distribution lists for accuracy and resolve inconsistencies
- Provides backup to U.S. Payroll team members with data auditing and handles submission of secured data to appropriate parties
- Creates, assigns, processes, and tracks issues using the firm’s standard help desk tracking software (VFire), processes and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned or required to meet Firm goals and objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered in place of the degree when the experience has been directly related to the functions of the job
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products is required
- Proficiency using HCM/Payroll reporting tools is required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, including but not limited to advanced functions, pivot tables, and XML templates, is required
- Oracle PeopleSoft, ADP Training, or certifications is preferred
- Experience with large scale HCM system implementations and/or upgrades is preferred
- iCIMS applicant tracking software is preferred
- ViDesktop performance management is preferred
- SQL, Visual Basic, HTML5 experience is preferred
- Prior work experience in a professional services organization and/or law firm setting is preferred
- Working knowledge of performance management and applicant tracking software is preferred
- PeopleSoft version 9.1 or higher, PeopleSoft Query, Microsoft Outlook, and ADP Reporting is preferred
They offer an excellent salary of up to $95,000 based on education, skills, and years of experience. Comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, backup childcare and eldercare, generous vacation and personal/sick plan, discretionary bonus, and opportunities for professional development and growth.