Human Resources Manager
You can work in Washington, DC, Los Angeles, Palo Alto, or Dallas
The firm has a current hybrid model of 3 days in the office and 2 days working remotely
Salary of up to $190,000 with up to a 15% bonus
One of the world’s premier law firms with offices in all major business centers around the globe seeks an experienced HR Manager for any US office.
You will work with a global team of HR managers that service the entire firm’s HR needs internationally and domestically.
The Human Resources Manager will report to and work directly with the Chief Human Resources Officer to develop, implement, and evaluate ongoing HR policies, programs, functions, and activities firm-wide. In addition, you will work closely with other HR/Benefits/Payroll Managers. Finally, you will liaise and interact directly with the department Chiefs/Directors and Directors of Administration, senior firm management, and a broad cross-section of the firm’s attorneys, and other key members within Information Systems, Finance, Legal Recruiting, Professional Development, Diversity, Business Development & Marketing, and other firm departments and their staff.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Cultivating strategic internal customer relationships, working directly with all departments and all attorney and staff levels seeking assistance and support from the Human Resources department.
- Serves as a primary HR resource to all attorneys and staff, responding to questions and inquiries related to firm policies, procedures, and employment law. Ensures consistent application and compliance with firm policies, professional standards, and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Uses appropriate judgment to route or escalate complex questions and issues to CHRO, partners-in-charge, or other appropriate firm representatives to ensure the issue is resolved promptly.
- In conjunction with CHRO or other firms, representatives will work to resolve employee relations problems, including responsibility for conducting thorough investigations, handling all documentation, and making recommendations on action to CHRO or Firm management.
- Counsels and advises affected attorneys and staff on using problem-solving methods, counseling, and guiding direct managers with employee disciplinary procedures to ensure consistent, equal, and fair treatment of all personnel.
- In coordination with other HR Managers, will assist with annual review, development, and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and other HR-related policies and procedures.
- Oversees and monitors the onboarding process for attorneys and staff to ensure that all personnel records and information are accurate and up-to-date. May complete, review, and/or sign-off on personnel action forms (PAF) for new hires, status changes, etc.
- Involved in the oversight of the annual and mid-year review process for all staff personnel, providing direction and guidance to Chiefs/Directors/Managers on compensation/bonus recommendations, system set-up, reporting budget and actual compensation/bonus numbers to CHRO and senior management, liaising with Payroll on bonus payments and compensation changes and tracking/recording status changes.
- Assist with the management and oversight of H1B, OPT, J-1, TN, and PERM applications, extensions, expiration dates, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general human resources best practices and principles and international, federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Experience in employee relations, including managing and investigating employee relations concerns.
- Critical thinking and sound judgment with an ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Highly effective communication skills (written and verbal) to interact with all levels of leadership, technology, and business partners and manage a productive working relationship.
- Experience in providing accurate, timely, and responsive support on complex problems.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects/deliverables to meet deadlines.
- Capable of maintaining the confidentiality of personal and highly sensitive information.
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to interface with all levels of staff and management.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent relevant work experience required. Certification as a PHR or SPHR is preferred.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressive HR experience in the human resources department as a manager, director, or VP. Experience in a professional service firm or law firm setting is HIGHLY preferred.
- Experience with PeopleSoft 9 (or above), SilkRoad, viGlobal, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft SQL Server, XML Publisher, HTML, and other HRMS or database reporting tools is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources, Payroll, and Benefits practices and principles. As well as proficient knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations and international employment laws, practices, and data privacy laws.
The firm is looking for a team player with a can-do attitude! In addition, they are looking for a firm ambassador with heavy employee relations and retention experience and a confident personality.
The firm offers a competitive salary of up to $190,000 with up to a 15% bonus, Health, dental Vision, STD, LTD, life insurance, 20 days of vacation, 8 days of sick leave, 401k, educational benefits most importantly, a happy, open, diverse and collaborative culture. The firm works a 36.25-hour work week. This is an exempt position
Comments are closed.