Human Resources Manager – NYC
A rare opportunity to join this forward-thinking, diverse, inclusive, and prestigious law firm.
Up to $165,000 with a year-end bonus
Working on a current hybrid model of 3 days in the office and 2 days remote
This award-winning international firm with 25 offices in all major business centers worldwide seeks a Human Resources Manager for their NYC office who loves working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness, and adaptability.
Suppose you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness, and adaptability. In that case, you are the person we are seeking to join our Human Resources department in our New York office as a Human Resources Manager.
You will serve as a strategic partner to office, practice, and administrative leadership and provides direction and oversight for HR activities supporting all employees (lawyers and staff). In addition, consult with various stakeholders to translate the firm’s business objectives into actionable, integrated solutions. This role will use data and a collaborative approach to seek out hidden opportunities and make proactive solutions to help advance our business.
This role manages a New York HR resources team and partners with national team members to bring together HR services across the employee lifecycle, including recruitment, orientation, compensation, learning & development, employee relations and engagement, culture, and diversity and inclusion. In addition, this role works as part of a global HR team striving to deliver a high-quality experience for lawyers and business services staff.
- Manage all HR activity in New York for lawyers and business services staff through direct management for localized HR activities and coordination with centralized recruiting, learning & development, and shared HR support services.
- Appropriately delegate and manage the team to deliver efficiently and effectively.
- Proactively identify process improvements and enhancements.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state labor laws.
- Manage the local implementation of the Summer Associate recruiting program.
- Oversee the performance management process. Coach supervisors in the techniques for writing and presenting meaningful and legal reviews.
- Work closely with HR central functions (recruiting, learning & development, compensation, benefits, well-being, etc.) to develop and implement local HR programs and policies.
- Support administration of benefits and well-being programs
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and firm programs
- Coordinate with the recruitment team to identify hiring needs, develop hiring strategies, and support the interview and selection process
- Administer orientation activities and ensure successful transfer to the firm, including technology training, benefits, introduction to the local office, etc.
- Manage the execution of HR transactions for the life cycle of employee (e.g., onboarding, US work authorization/ visas, alternative work schedules / remote work arrangements, secondments, transfers, leaves, and separations) either in the local office or in partnership with national teams
- Partner with the Compensation team to participate in salary surveys; review and analyze market data and internal information to maintain internal equity and market competitiveness.
- Partner with Learning & Development and the HR Compliance Administrator to ensure the collection, maintenance, and administration of information related to CLEs, bar admission, and other requirements.
- Works with the US Attorney Student Recruitment team to oversee the management of the Summer Associate program in New York, including orientation, work assignments, evaluations, events, mentors, training, diversity initiatives, budget, and offer process in coordination with program leaders.
- Manages a team of HR resources in New York, providing direction, guidance, and coaching; responsible for hiring, performance management, compensation, and development decisions.
- Manages locally escalated Employee Relations and other complex situations
- Utilizes data to support leaders in making people-related decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered instead of the degree when the experience has been directly related to the functions of the job
- SPHR, SHRCM-SCP, or other HR certifications preferred
- Previous supervisory/management experience, preferably in a professional services organization
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources
- Demonstrated success partnering with business managers to develop and execute HR initiatives that align with business goals
- Knowledge of best practices in HR programs and practice
- Demonstrated ability to coach and influence leaders
- Ability to consult with leaders, drawing out unseen needs and proactively identify solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Familiar with HR software preferred (Peoplesoft, Vi Desktop, Objective Manager, iCims, LawCruit)
- Must have a thorough knowledge of labor laws (both Federal and State) as they apply to NY Office
The firm offers an excellent salary of up to $165,000 based on education, skills, and years of experience. Comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, back-up childcare and eldercare, generous vacation and personal/sick plan, discretionary bonus, and opportunities for professional development and growth.
Please call 703-944-5697 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.