Information System Security Engineer with a DoD Security Clearance
Work onsite at Kirkland AFB, in a hybrid model with a fantastic team in Albuquerque, New Mexico, 3-5 days a week.
This full-time permanent W-2 position has incredible benefits, learning, and growth.
Top Secret DoD clearance required (they will consider a Secret clearance)
Competitive salary up to $165,000
This stable and growing international government and defense contractor seeks an Information System Security Engineer for their client in Albuquerque, New Mexico. This position will support the Application team, Cybersecurity Lead, and Cyber Security team for the Defense Stockpile Management System (DSMS), including Defense Integration and Management of Nuclear Data Services (DIAMONDS), Joint Application Design Environment (JADE), Nuclear Inventory Management and Cataloging System (NIMACS), Government Acceptance Testing (GAT) and DIAMONDS Accountability Training System (DATS) projects for the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA).
This position will maintain the security posture of current and future environments.
Coordinate with other DSMS program teams to plan and create cybersecurity architecture and design documents for all DSMS cybersecurity architecture, ensuring it is compliant with DoD and other Federal IA policies and Guidance
- Employ best practices when implementing security controls within an information system, including software engineering methodologies, system/security engineering principles, secure design, security architecture, and secure coding techniques
- Refine and develop security policies, security plans, risk assessments, continuity of operations (COOP), disaster recovery (DR), and other cybersecurity standards
- Develop cybersecurity architecture and design plans for communication and collaboration products, operating system platforms including servers, devices, management products, applications, and overall security related to implementing these products
- Provide security engineering support for accreditation of DSMS
- Integrate cybersecurity expertise into lifecycle management, planning architecture and design management, migration and deployment, and system testing and implementation
- Research, develop, test, and document architectures and solutions for implementing new cybersecurity technologies that provide more seamless information collaboration and cyber security capabilities for DSMS and its user base
- Develop and provide critical analysis of associated logic-bearing system components (hardware, firmware, and software) that implement, protect or introduce vulnerability to that function
- Develop and update mission criticality analysis(es), vulnerability assessment(s), risk assessment(s), and identification of counter-measurement implementation(s) for Mission-Critical functions
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Strong technical background or prior System Administrator experience
- Application Security and Development experience (OWASP/ ASD STIG)
- Strong knowledge of the Risk Management Framework NIST SP 800-53
- Strong Knowledge of Agile methodology
- Experience with Static and Dynamic software testing products
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server and Application Lifecycle Management tools, desired
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Able to serve as SCRUM Master and facilitate Agile ceremonies
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience in place of a degree
- 3+ years of experience in PMO Security
- Active DoD Secret or a Top-Secret Security clearance required
- IASAE level II certification (CASP+ CE, CISSP (or Associate), CSSLP) is required
About the Firm:
- We believe our people should work independently and value teamwork.
- We offer performance appraisals regularly, so you can look forward to advancing your career.
- We offer a community of virtue-centered co-workers and clients.
- We offer a “NO-Jerk zone” where kindness, respect, and camaraderie are key
- We provide ongoing learning and development opportunities to foster continuous growth.
- You will be part of a virtue-centered team that values their work and teammates.
The firm offers extensive Medical, Dental, Vision & life insurance, STD/LTD, Accidental Death, and Dismemberment & Worker’s Compensation. A 401(k) Retirement Plan, EAP, HSA, and PTO is 120 hours (15 days) per year plus nine company holidays.