IP Litigation Paralegal
One of the world’s largest and most profitable international law firms, with offices in every major business center globally, seeks an experienced (5+ years) IP litigation paralegal for their busy and growing Dallas, TX office.
8-4 or 9-5 with paid overtime and a hybrid work model of 2 days (Tuesdays & Wednesdays) in the office.
The firm is paying up to $100,000 with a bonus DOE.
1350 billable hours requirement annually
Bring your incredible IP litigation skills to the award-winning firm and work with some of the finest IP attorneys in the industry. This position will report to the amazing Manager of Paralegal Services.
Assist with all phases of litigation and patent litigation, from complex pre-filing investigations through trial and appeal, including preparing motion and pleading templates, filing briefs with various courts with strict adherence to court rules, preparing exhibits, marshalling facts and documents, monitoring dockets, creating presentations, managing calendar, and communicating with vendors.
Oversight and collaboration with Litigation Support and outside service provider to maintain an electronic document repository and facilitate electronic document production tracking.
Assist with all discovery phases, including privilege reviews and privilege logs, preparation of discovery templates, document production, subpoenas and oversight of service, deposition preparation, and summary.
Cite checking and proofreading.
Prepare filings for various courts and government agencies.
Oversee service and publication of various notices and filings
Process and maintain hard copy and electronic litigation files from initiation of a lawsuit through trial and appeal of the case
Preparing memoranda, motions, and briefs including proofreading, cite-checking, assembly of exhibits, filing, and service at the district and appellate courts and the ITC
Performing factual and legal research in databases including Westlaw, Docket Navigator, PACER, EDIS, and the USPTO
Other duties as may be assigned to fully meet the requirements, billable and performance based, of the position
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or associate Degree required or Paralegal Certificate and equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience providing exceptionally high-quality service to clients
- Experience must include processing litigation files from initiation of lawsuit through trial of case, with special emphasis on discovery, legal research and trial preparation
- Experience with ITC proceedings preferred
- Experience with IPR filings and PTAB filings preferred
- Familiarity with USPTO website preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, PDF creation tool(s), document management software, Elite or other timekeeping software, Internet required
- Excellent client service, ability to work overtime and travel as needed
The firm offers unsurpassed benefits, including health, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, parental leave, Profit Sharing, 401k and many other perks, 20 days PTO, learning, growth, and substantive work.