Law Firm Billing Specialist
Location: Baltimore, MD
This dream large, multi-office national law firm seeks an experienced legal Billing Specialist to join their accounting team!
Salary Range from $55,000-$65,000 with incredible benefits
You will be responsible for the monthly preparation of draft bills and mailing of invoices. Processes changes in the accounting system to support accurate and efficient billing processes and monthly financial closing.
While training, you will work in the office. After that, a hybrid work model is available.
Hours are 9:00 to 5:00, with occasional paid overtime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compiles and bills attorney hours to clients every month
- Reviews and edits draft bills in response to attorney requests
- Apply retainer funds as directed by the attorney
- Process write-offs and hold requests following Firm policy
- Ability to execute complex bills promptly (i.e., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing)
- Ability to prepare and send bills via electronic billing systems
- Ability to handle a high volume of bills per month
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, professional assistants, and clients
- Review and verify the accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems
- Create new billing formats as needed
- Creates and prints final client billing
- Creates and distributes monthly reports
- Is familiar with and applies Firm billing policies
- May assist in preparing supporting documentation for legal inquiries, litigation, and court appearances
- Ensures strict confidentiality at all times
- Assists with special projects as needed
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations, work varied hours and be flexible for vacation scheduling during prime billing days, including month-end and year-end close
Required Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of 2 years of law firm e-Billing experience
- Proficiency in accounting procedures
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office
Required Technical and Computer Software Skills:
- Utilize computerized accounting and payables software programs (Excel, Word, LMS) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Experience with e-Billing is required
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, College preferred
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, Flex-spending, EAP, Health savings, commuter benefits, Parental Leave, 401k, Ample PTO and holidays.