Do you have law firm billing experience? Have you done e-billing? We have a great job for you!
Multi-office law firm seeks a Billing Specialist to join their team.
Hours are 9:00 to 5:00 with great benefits. The position will be in the office for training and later will be remote. The position will probably be an in office position once it is safer to return to the office.
**After thanksgiving to 12/31, no leave will be granted to close the books.
Requirements: previous law firm billing experience, e-billing, need to be good with details, accurate in your work and have good communication skills.
You will be responsible for the monthly preparation of draft bills and mailing of invoices. Process changes in information system to support accurate and efficient billing process and financial close.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compiles and bills attorney hours to clients every month
- Reviews and edits draft bills in response to attorney requests
- Apply retainer funds as directed by attorney
- Process write-offs and hold requests following Firm policy
- Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner (i.e., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, preparation of electronic bills)
- Ability to handle a high volume of bills per month
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, professional assistants, and clients
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems
- Create new billing formats as needed
- Creates and prints final client billing
- Creates and distributes monthly reports
- Is familiar with and applies Firm billing policies
- May assist in preparing supporting documentation for legal inquiries, litigation and court appearances
- Ensures strict confidentiality at all times
- Assists with special projects as needed
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations, work varied hours and be flexible for vacation scheduling during prime billing days including month-end and year-end close