Legal Secretary – Legal Assistant
Washington, DC, location near Farragut North & West Metro stops.
$85,000 – $105,000 DOE, skills, and education; paid overtime and a bonus!
During the first 90-day training period, you will be in the office 5 days a week, and after, you will go to a hybrid model of 3 days in and 2 days remote.
This fantastic full-service national firm with 20 offices throughout the US seeks a Legal secretary with varied experience in multiple practice groups to support partners and associates with their practice areas and clients in their DC office.
M-F – 9-5:30 – Occasional paid overtime
As a legal secretary, you must have e-filing experience and thorough knowledge of State and Federal court processes and procedures. You must be highly organized, work independently, and possess excellent time management skills.
5+ years of experience is required.
- Extensive e-filing experience in both State and Federal courts.
- Record and monitor deadlines through the firm docketing system and individual attorney calendar systems.
- Prepare, proof, and format correspondence, pleadings, and other necessary documentation.
- Organize and prepare notebooks for depositions, hearings, arbitrations, mediations, and trials.
- Create and save documents in accordance with firm protocols.
- Assist multiple attorneys.
- Process attorney and client reimbursements and invoices.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years of legal secretary, legal assistant, or legal AA experience in a law firm is required.
- High level of competency with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Proficiency with creating and editing PDFs. Ability to type/enter data. Proven aptitude to learn new software applications.
- Ability to write simple correspondence and routine messages.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating instructions, procedure manuals, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, financial reports, or legal documents.
- Knowledge of various legal programs like InTapp, Adobe, iManage, and NetDocs
- 60 wpm typing
The firm offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, LTD, STD, life insurance, commuter benefits, 401k, 22 days PTO, all holidays, and so much more!