Legal Secretary-Assistant in Finance, Banking, and Corporate Practice Group – NYC
Work for an incredible manager and team!
Up to $100,000 DOE with paid OT, growth, and incredible benefits
Hybrid work model of 3 days in the office in NYC and 2 days remote
8:30-5 or 9-5:30 with an hour lunch break
This award-winning international firm with offices in all major business centers worldwide seeks an experienced Legal Secretary – Assistant who loves working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness, and adaptability.
- Provide Secretarial Support to Attorneys in the finance, banking, corporate, or business practice and departments, with responsibilities including, but not limited, to:
- Screens and routes telephone calls, reviews and transcribes voicemails responds to routine inquiries
- Opens, sorts, and processes attorney mail
- Manages attorney emails in Outlook, which includes reviewing, drafting, sending, and printing emails
- Manages Outlook calendar on behalf of attorneys
- Creates and maintains client contacts in Outlook and InterAction
- Prepares and distributes correspondence and other documents using excellent proofreading and formatting skills with the ability to offer support and suggestions relative to grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Manages projects and coordinates distribution with the ability to use firm resources to delegate tasks in the successful completion of such projects; interacts with other departments and facets of the office, when appropriate, to coordinate larger-scale projects (such as word processing and duplicating)
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and conferences and interacts with facilities and catering, and manages all other details of the meeting
- Coordinates conflict check and new matter memo process
- Coordinates travel arrangements and prepare expense reports
- Completes time entry on behalf of attorneys
- Organizes and maintains legal correspondence and document files and utilizes Legal Key
- Manages review and distribution of draft and final client bills, which includes communication with attorneys and accounting representatives relative to completion of a bill
- Completes various other assigned administrative tasks such as photocopying, printing, scanning documents to PDF and save to FileSite, faxes, creating labels, etc.
- Performs accurately and in a timely fashion all word processing functions in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and exhibits the ability t learn new programs and processes quickly and efficiently
- Work with Supervisor to coordinate overflow work, arrange desk coverage and escalate items/issues that need immediate attention and resolution
- Participation in projects and pilot programs as requested
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required; A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 5-20 years of legal secretarial experience
- The ideal candidate for this position will be someone with experience as an executive assistant in a legal or financial environment.
- Mastery of MS Office
- 60 wpm typing
They offer an excellent salary of up to $100,000 based on education, skills, and years of experience. Comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, back-up childcare and eldercare, generous vacation and personal/sick plan, discretionary bonus, and opportunities for professional development and growth.
Please email your resume to email@example.com or call Brian Steffan at 703.944.5697
Comments are closed.