Litigation Legal Assistant – Paralegal – Business, Employment, Healthcare, and FDA litigation
This top-ranked national law firm specializing in litigation seeks an experienced litigation Legal Assistant – paralegal for the busy and growing DC office. In a collaborative, friendly, and positive firm culture, the firm believes in diversity, inclusion, respect, personal growth, and a long-term career for all its employees.
As the Litigation Legal Assistant – Paralegal, you will be a core member of the litigation, investigations, and trial teams. You will report to partners, associates, and senior paralegals from all offices to give you a variety of substantive work in Business, Employment, Healthcare, and FDA litigation cases
1350 billable hours requirement
Amazing firm management!
Excellent compensation up to $115,000 (depending on years of experience, skills, education, and certificates)
Incredible benefits, including pet insurance!
Some travel may be required and may involve multi-week projects in other locations. Flexibility for overtime is a must.
Currently, the firm observes a hybrid-flexible work policy of 3 days in the office and 2 days remotely and offers a flexible work schedule. Core hours are 9-5:30 (37.5-hour workweek) and paid overtime.
- Draft, review, and analyze routine legal documents as requested by attorneys.
- Maintain pleadings, files, calendars, and other case material in electronic databases.
- Gather and circulate case materials to the project team as needed.
- Arrange filings, mailings, and service of process with appropriate courts, government agencies, and other parties.
- Legal and factual cite checking, including creating a Table of Authorities, Table of Contents, shepardizing, and editing briefs to Blue Book standards and applicable court rules. Expert-level cite-checking proficiency is required.
- Under attorney supervision, perform research (factual, legal, internet, and other) and analyze documents to identify issues and relevant information. Compile information and prepare documentation that details key findings.
- Prepare for and attend depositions, hearings, trials, and arbitrations, as needed. Coordinate assembly of exhibits and appendices for pleadings, witness materials, depositions, and trials. Summarize deposition and trial exhibits and transcripts.
- Obtain services from outside contractors, including court reporters and filing services. Process billing and disbursement paperwork in connection with those services.
- Act as liaison for the project team with support departments and other offices in the firm.
- Work in conjunction with the Litigation Support Department to create and maintain document review platforms (Concordance and Relativity experience preferred); understand legal technology concepts and terminology.
- Interact with firm clients, outside vendors, expert witnesses, and other law firms to gather and share information or data.
- Experience with all stages of litigation, including e-Discovery, e-filing practices, and trial preparation activities.
- A minimum of 5 years of solid litigation paralegal experience, including trial work
- Solid knowledge of MS Office
- Solid knowledge of legal document management software, such as iManage, WestLaw, time entry software, and federal and state e-Filing
- Concordance and Relativity experience are highly preferred
A Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree is required.
A Paralegal certificate is preferred but not required.
Benefits and Compensation
The firm offers Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, and they contribute to a Health Savings Account, pre-tax Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts; 401 (k) Deferred Profit Sharing Plan; Employee & Firm Contribution, Short Term Disability; Long Term Disability; Long Term Care Insurance; Life Insurance; accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance; 10 Paid Holidays; 10 Paid Vacation days; 10 Paid Sick days and up to 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave Benefits for Primary Caregivers.
- Lunch provided on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the office
- Qualified Transportation and Parking Programs
- On-Site Fitness Center
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection Coverage
- Health Advocate
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Coffee, Tea, soda, water, and Nespresso On-Site
The firm believes in giving back to the community and participates in the following:
- Lawyers Have Heart
- Salvation Army Angel Tree Program
- Legal Aid – The Generous Associates Campaign
- Go Casual for Justice
- Lawrence Boone Elementary School Mentor Program
Training & Development
- Monthly Litigation Lunches
- On-Site CLE Opportunities
- Firm-Paid Attendance at Conferences and Events