Location: Huntington, WV
5 days a week in the office, no hybrid or remote option
1650 Billable hours requirement
Salary up to $80,000 with incredible benefits and paid overtime.
This large premier national law firm with 25 offices across the US seeks an experienced Litigation Paralegal for its 20-member Huntington, WV office to work with attorneys on the litigation team and work in commercial litigation, class actions/mass torts, product liability, appellate, chemical exposure/toxic torts, insurance litigation, transportation, medical/healthcare litigation, and labor/employment litigation. Join this amazing team of lawyers and grow your career!
- Perform full range of paralegal tasks from case inception through case closure.
- Maintain and monitor court deadlines for assigned cases and take ownership of case calendars.
- Electronically file documents with the Court through the ECF system under the supervision of an attorney.
- Perform online PACER research.
- Prepare drafts of pleadings, notices, and motions.
- Prepare deposition notices; organize, maintain and prepare deposition materials, exhibits, and summaries.
- Track and manage discovery, including document productions.
- Participate in case strategy meetings.
- Handle routine calls and correspondence to courts, outside attorneys, and clients.
- Ensure expertise in technology relevant to the position; proactively use the most current technology to further teamwork, client service, and efficiency.
- 2+ years of litigation experience as a paralegal or legal assistant
- a 2-4 year degree in legal studies or a 2-4 year general degree and a paralegal certificate; however, work experience may be substituted for education.
- Experience with e-Filing
- Ability to conduct research using various research tools, including the Internet, PACER, Westlaw, and Courtlink.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, 401k, 20 days PTO, and so much more!