Litigation Paralegal – Construction Law
Washington, DC, is located near 2 metro stops.
9-5:30 and 5 days a week onsite, with paid OT – WELCOME BACK!!
No billable hours requirement, up to $80,000
Incredible, caring, and employee-oriented management and firm philosophy! The firm offers excellent benefits, a dynamic work environment, and the opportunity for the growth and development of paralegal and professional skills.
Work with some of the best attorneys in the US.
This highly-rated construction and government contracts law firm seeks a Paralegal – Litigation Assistant with a positive attitude and can-do attitude to work in a fast-paced environment supporting 5 litigation – Construction attorneys.
- Understanding filing and procedural rules for state and federal courts in the DC, MD, VA and federal appeals boards
- Assisting with the preparation and filing of court pleadings, motions, and other documents
- Assisting attorneys in preparation for depositions, hearings, trials, arbitrations, and mediations
- Document review and management, including the use of ESI software
- Research associated with mechanic’s liens, enforcement of judgments, and other legal issues
- Organize, manage, and maintain case files
- Calendaring relevant dates and maintaining litigation calendar
- A College degree, either an associate’s or bachelor’s degree, is highly desired
- A paralegal certificate or paralegal training is highly desired
- 2+ years of litigation, construction law a plus
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams
- Familiarity with legal search engines, such as Westlaw or LexisNexis
- Proficient in document production and management software, eDiscovery, such as Casepoint and Relativity
- Experience with DC, MD, and VA procedures and e-filing systems
Medical, dental, vision, life, STD & LTD, ADD, Transportation assistance, 20 days PTO, 401K, and more!