Well known and well-respected international law firm is seeking a litigation paralegal with 2 years of litigation experience to support various practice areas in their Washington, DC office.
New salary: $65,000
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Paralegals have an opportunity to gain valuable and real-work legal experience by working closely with partners and associates on all aspects of litigation, international arbitration and IP.
· Organizing documents and coordinating document productions in litigation;
· Obtaining documents and certificates from local or federal courts and state agencies;
· Preparing and filing all court documents;
· Conducting various document searches and research;
· Preparing witness and matter materials;
· Preparing for and attending depositions;
· Coordinating trial set-up and logistics;
· Preparing for and attending client meetings, and trials;
· Assisting attorneys during meetings with clients and during court proceedings, including by taking notes and handling exhibits;
· Acting as liaison among various internal departments as well as with outside vendors, such as translation services, document production vendors and trial graphics providers;
· Assisting in the preparation of marketing materials.
Ideal candidates should meet the following qualifications:
· Outstanding organizational, administrative, and communication (oral and written) skills;
· Possess high attention to detail, a strong work ethic and is self-motivated;
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, efficiently multi-task and produce a high-end work product in a fast-paced environment;
· Team-oriented mindset;
· Ability and willingness to work overtime;
· Interest in the legal field, as demonstrated in undergraduate coursework, extracurricular activities, or prior jobs or internships;
· BA/BS with minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA; and proficiency in Microsoft Office
The firm is working remotely now and will re-evaluate when it is safer to work in the office.
In addition to salary, there are bonuses and other great benefits.