Location: Raleigh, NC
This position is 5 days a week in the office with work hours of 8:30 am – 5:00 pm (37.5-hour work week)
The firm will consider any area of law and an entry-level candidate with a degree and certificate.
Fantastic firm management and attorneys who care about their team and clients
A range of $42,000-$52,000 with an annual bonus and paid overtime. (OT is rare)
The billable hour requirement is 15-25 hours per week.
This well-established, growing, and award-winning family law firm seeks a paralegal, preferably with family law experience.
You will support the attorneys (10-15) by providing research and clerical support services, including document preparation and review; keeping calendars/deadlines; following through with deadlines; corresponding with clients; and trial preparation.
- Meet with attorneys to discuss assigned cases or projects.
- Draft legal documents, including routine pleadings and motions, affidavits, and interrogatories; file motions and pleadings; arrange for court runs; request fees, etc.
- Docket deadlines (Initial Disclosures, Financial Affidavits, discovery responses, Answers to Complaints, etc.)
- Prepare, organize, store, and retrieve case files, including evidence, exhibits, depositions, pleadings, and other items.
- Schedule mediations and appointments for attorney(s).
- Correspond with clients professionally and promptly.
- Assist attorneys with trial preparation.
- Enter billable hours spent on specific cases.
- Keep attorney calendars up-to-date with appointments and deadlines.
- Handle prospective client calls/emails if the Client Care Specialist is unavailable
- Cover reception desk on a rotating basis with other paralegals during lunch hours, receptionist PTO time, receptionist breaks, and other times, as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 2+ years of paralegal experience in a law firm, family law experience is preferred but is not required.
- An entry-level candidate with a degree and certificate will be considered
- An Associate’s degree in Paralegal Studies or a related field is required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or a related field is preferred.
- Understanding legal language and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and other related software.
The firm offers outstanding benefits, including 100% paid for the employee: Medical, Dental, and Vision, 401(k)/profit sharing. 120 hours (15 days) PTO, 13 PAID HOLIDAY! Also, a lot of social activities, GROWTH, BONUS, and a fabulous office atmosphere with professionals who truly value work/life balance