Fully Remote Patent Agent (Biology OR Chemistry)
Build your IP career with the best!
Fully remote! Live anywhere in the Continental US
Up to $180,000 with outstanding benefits and work with the most excellent IP attorneys, staff, and directors in the IP world with an 1850 billable hours requirement.
This firm has one of the world’s most robust integrated legal practices, with 45 offices worldwide. The firm is renowned for its local connections and global influence, delivering comprehensive legal services worldwide.
The firm is seeking a Patent Agent with a minimum of three years of experience in patent prosecution to join their Intellectual Property and Technology practice.
All candidates must have undergraduate and advanced degrees, including a Ph.D. in biology OR or chemistry.
Responsibilities will include mid-level patent attorney work such as running cases, drafting, filing, and prosecuting US patent applications, managing and coordinating international patent application strategies, preparing patentability, non-infringement, invalidity opinions, and overall intellectual property counseling.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- All agents must be registered and in good standing to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- All candidates must have undergraduate and advanced degrees, including a Ph.D. in biology, or chemistry.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- At least three years of experience practicing patent law and a proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others on complex matters.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications.
- Excellent communications (written and oral) and judgment are essential.
- Proven ability to independently manage a case, move it forward, and work in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be a self-starter, can prioritize workload, display good judgment, and work well under pressure.
Requirements for submission to firm:
A writing sample
A copy of your transcripts for your Bachelor’s degree, and Ph.D. programs
37.5-hour workweek, Remote work, very stable and growing, fantastic healthcare benefits, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 30 days PTO, ten holidays, 401k, and a discretionary / productivity bonus.