Patent Prosecution Paralegal
A hybrid work model of three days in the office and two days working remotely in any U.S. Office that includes Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, Austin, Boston, DE, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Palo Alto, DC, or NYC offices
1600 billable hours requirement
40-hour work week, flextime to start from 8-9 am, and low to moderate PAID over time
Salary up to $120,000 based on years of experience, education and skills and exceptional benefits, learning and growth
This firm is known for investing in its people and technology, work-life balance, and treating its employees with dignity and respect.
This leading international law firm that propels the success of many well-respected, dynamic, and important organizations all over the world. 1,300 lawyers bring passion and legal prowess in every matter for clients and the people they serve.
As the Patent Prosecution Paralegal, you will support attorneys in rendering legal services to clients. This position assists in all procedural and substantive matters regarding foreign patents.
- Prepare and file Information Disclosure Statements
- Prepare U.S. and non-U.S. new patent applications and all related formal patent documents for filing at appropriate U.S. and Foreign Patent Offices, including gathering all necessary information from clients regarding the same and monitoring and maintaining applications through the issuance
- Oversee accuracy and necessary follow-up on daily docket entries to maintain patent portfolios
- Communicate with attorneys, as well as clients, local government agencies, embassies, and U.S. State Department officials regarding preparing and processing all paperwork necessary during the pendency of patent applications
- Communicate with foreign associates on initial filing requests and other correspondence during the prosecution of foreign applications
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate
- A minimum of 2-10 years of Patent Prosecution work experience in a law firm
- Strong knowledge of all phases of the U.S. and Foreign patent process
- Experience in filing International applications is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Knowledge of international IP legal databases
- Knowledge of docketing software
The firm continues to prioritize the health and safety of its workforce. Consistent with that commitment, in light of the substantial and growing body of evidence that vaccinations remain the most effective protection against the spread of COVID-19, the firm requires that members of their workforce be fully vaccinated.
The firm offers incredible medical benefits, PTO, training, and many other perks. There is an annual cash bonus, along with a 7.5% lump-sum contribution into the 401k that is calculated off of the base + bonus and is eligible to employees who have been with the firm for one year.
Vacation: 18 days; Sick Leave: 10 days; Holidays: 9