Payroll and Benefits Manager
Up to $95,000 DOE with potential bonus
Hybrid model of 2-3 days onsite in Sterling, VA
This stable family oriented international family fun entertainment park seeks a thoughtful leader who is detail-oriented and possesses excellent communication and organizational skills and an ability to resolve problems in a timely manner. A resourceful leader who is able to work in a fast-paced environment. The role will perform duties within the People (HR) department.
- Perform all activities necessary to process accurate payroll on a bi-weekly basis for approximately 400 Team Members (and growing).
- Manager workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Process new hires, terminations, rate changes, etc. into the payroll system (ADP Workforce NOW) and ensure all is prepared for bi-weekly processing.
- Review and verify time and attendance records; resolve issues.
- Respond quickly, accurately and professionally to Team Members and management.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining Team Member records.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting as required (e.g. – W-2, etc.).
- Serve as the primary point of contact for payroll related questions, research and resolve errors and discrepancies.
- Add 401K deductions and benefits deductions as needed.
- Manage required duties related to tax filings, deposits and returns.
- Maintain and update Team Member records and benefit files.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing, including enrollments, terminations, and claims.
- Advise and inform Team Members of the details of the company’s benefit programs.
- Resolve benefit-related issues and respond to queries and requests in a timely manner.
- Lead and manage the Open Enrollment process.
- Liaise with vendors and negotiate (in partnership with VP, People & Corporate Operations) for new and existing plans.
- Evaluate the efficiency and value of current benefit programs and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure contributions and payroll deductions are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain and create records, reports, and documentation in accordance with federal, state, and provider regulations.
- Complete all benefits programs are in compliance state, federal and any regulatory guidelines.
- 3+ years of consistent payroll experience.
- Multi-unit experience preferred.
- ACA compliance and procedures.
- Applicable state and Federal statues, rules, codes, and regulations governing payroll and taxes.
- Input, verify and reconcile payroll information, and maintain payroll documentation and reports.
- Performing mathematical calculations with skill and accuracy.
- 2 years of experience as a benefits administrator or in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of relevant policies and regulations.
- Strong knowledge of WorkForce Now highly preferred.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
Hours can be from 9-5:30 with some flexibility
The firm offers great benefits that include a year-end bonus You will begin to accrue 10 days of Personal Time Off (PTO) per calendar year; (5) paid holiday: New Year’s Day, Easter, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day; Health benefits in accordance with the Standard Company Plan including Medical, Dental & Vision. You are eligible to enroll the first of the month after your hire-date. Employer paid benefits; Life AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability after first day of the month following 60-days of employment; Professional Development: The company shall sponsor your participation in educational seminars or conferences that are relevant to your position and to the corporate strategic plan