Practice Group Assistant – Legal Secretary
Washington, DC location, one block from 3 metro stops
For the first 90 days, you will be in the office five days a week to be trained and learn the culture. After 90 days, you will go to a hybrid model of 3 days onsite and two days remote.
Hourly position, $55,000 to $75,000 with paid overtime and bonus.
Hours: 9:45 am to 6:00 pm M-F; a 36.25 workweek
Be part of this elite group of legal professionals that will support associates, staff attorneys, and of-counsels all over the US in the litigation, corporate/transactional, appellate, and real estate practice areas, working under an awesome manager who supports and mentors you.
Great attorneys, practice group manager, secretarial manager, incredible firm culture, and more!
One of DC’s premier law firms near three different metro stops seeks a practice group assistant – a legal secretary with solid experience and skills to support multiple attorneys. Please have 1-10+ years of solid legal secretarial or legal assistant experience.
- Compose general correspondence, reports, memoranda, spreadsheets, expense reports, and complex documents that may require advanced word processing skills.
- Maintain attorney(s) appointment calendar, meetings, business trips, and sensitive client matters, and prepare mailings.
- Arrange all travel reservations and prepares all travel expense reports.
- Transcribe legal documents, correspondence, and reports from rough draft, dictation, or transcription.
- Open new files, request conflict of interest checks with the appropriate department, and maintain all client and general files.
- Keep files current and filing up-to-date for each client/matter.
- Conduct periodic reviews for possible storage of older files; prepare files to be closed.
- Assist in coordinating events and other significant social functions in DC when safe
- Handle extensive and specific domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Work in conjunction with the other senior-level assistants.
- The ability to compose documents in the appropriate business style using correct grammar and spelling; communicate using proper grammar and diction over the telephone; proofread typed material for grammatical, typographical, or spelling errors.
- Intensive document organization and preparation skills are required.
- Proficiency in e-filing in state and federal courts.
- 1-10+ years of legal secretarial and legal administrative experience
- Dictaphone or other transcription equipment is helpful.
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm
- Solid MS Office 2019: Word and exceptional writing and proofing skills, and you will be tested
File Management: iManage
Attorney Time Keeping: Aderant Expert Time
Expense Reports: Chrome River
New Clients/Matters: Generated electronically using New Business Intake software
Staff Timecards: eTime
Conference Rooms: EMS/Room Scheduler
Client Relationship Management: Interaction
Paid overtime when needed, offers spectacular HMO and PPO health and wellness benefits and believes in work-life balance, and their people are the best in the industry.
Paid overtime when needed, offers spectacular health and wellness benefits, believes in work-life balance, and their people are the best in the industry. Life Insurance, STD & LTD, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) Savings Plan (includes profit-sharing contributions after two years of employment), 20 vacation days, 3 Sick Days on day one plus 3 Sick Days at 6 months, 2 personal days, 1 birthday holiday, and 9 Paid Firm Holidays
Comments are closed.