Receptionist – Will Train Legal Administrative Assistant
Washington, DC Office near Metro
Up to $55,000 with a bonus and incredible benefits
5 days in the office is required.
9:00 am to 6:00 pm M-F with occasional paid overtime
This multi-practice East Coast law firm with over 40 lawyers in two offices seeks a Receptionist – Legal Administrative Assistant with a positive, upbeat personality to handle the front desk and learn legal in their DC office.
As the receptionist-administrative assistant, you will support the firm’s attorneys, staff, and guests by performing reception, administrative, and client intake with professionalism, diligence, and attention to detail.
- Initiate and coordinate “conflicts check” and new matters to open the workflow in the firm’s accounting and document management systems.
- Respond to inquiries from attorneys and support staff about the progress and status of individual new matter requests; train others as needed.
- Maintain the firm’s public (shared) calendars, assisting attorneys and staff in scheduling meetings and reserving conference rooms.
- Assist with firm contact management software, including updating and adding internal and external contacts.
- Update and maintain the phone extensions list and office map.
- Keep the reception and shared areas organized and tidy
- Restock office supplies in shared work areas and keep photocopiers stocked.
- Order office supplies as necessary and as requested.
- Order food and kitchen supplies and restock the kitchen; keep the kitchen tidy.
- Take charge of “user-friendliness” of physical space: Conference rooms stocked with “how-to” guides for conference telephone, video functions, and guest Wi-Fi passwords; Maintain labels on supply drawers, photocopiers, etc.; Maintain instructions on how to initiate fax, use the postage machine, etc.
- Coordinate building work orders and service requests.
- Assist in maintaining the firm’s library.
- Perform bookkeeping, filing, and clerical duties as requested.
- Coordinate mail and hand delivery flow in and out of the office and manage the delivery of mail and parcels to firm personnel, with adaptations for the hybrid working environment.
- Answer phones promptly, route calls as appropriate, and operate a switchboard.
- Take and relay messages promptly.
- Ensure visitors are on the security list.
- Greet visitors warmly and make sure they feel welcome and comfortable.
- Call persons waiting for visitors and book them a meeting room (if not arranged beforehand).
- Prepare conference rooms for meetings, including tidying up as necessary and setting up/breaking down food and beverage service.
- Handle Events, order, and set up Tuesday lunches.
- Assist with internal/external firm functions, including travel booking, registrations, setup, and related general tasks.
- Participate as requested in administrative tasks shared by the entire staff.
- Perform backup accounting, legal assistant, and administrative tasks as may be assigned occasionally.
- Interact with colleagues, clients, and other third parties with a high degree of professionalism, respect, and a can-do attitude; foster collegial, productive working relationships with staff, attorneys, and third parties.
Education and Experience:
- A high school diploma is required, and an AA or BA degree is preferred.
- 1-3 years of office administrative experience needed.
- 40 wpm typing
- Knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Any experience in a law firm is a plus.
- Any experience with a Multiline phone system is a huge plus.
The firm culture is upbeat, collaborative, and team-focused, with 45 attorneys, and they are growing.
The firm offers a competitive salary of up to $55,000 with paid overtime, incredible benefits, learning, ample PTO, and growth.