Remote IP New Application Specialist
Fully remote, but you must live in DC, TX, or FL.
Hours (EDT): 8:30-5, 9-5:30, 9:30-6
The firm is paying up to $80,000 with incredible benefits and a stipend to set up a home office.
This respected and award-winning international boutique IP law firm offers full IP services to its clients and believes in work-life balance, respect, and diversity.
You will prepare and file various types of new patent applications.
Responsibilities include preparing and e-Filing utility, design, and US national stage applications in the USPTO, maintaining established productivity and accuracy standards and ensuring adherence to policies and procedures that are designed to meet the specific requirements of the client.
- Preparation and filing of new patent applications (U.S. Convention, U.S. National Stage, and Design), responses to missing parts, information disclosure statements, preliminary amendments, and issue fees
- Prepare client correspondence and forms for attorney review and signature
- Prepare client demand bills and transmit them with reporting letters
- Maintain accuracy and productivity standards as set by the New Applications Manager
- Maintain working knowledge of most current USPTO rules and procedures
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the New Applications Manager
- Typing at least 45 wpm
- Proficient in the use of MS Word
- Proficiency in the use of other office software such as Excel and PowerPoint helpful
- 3+ years of new applications experience in a law firm or professional services firm
- Excellent writing, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strong proofreading skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to manage time and resources to meet deadlines
- Must be flexible for overtime
Medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, dependent care, 401k, 10 vacation days, 10 sick days, 2 personal days, and 10 holidays. Life insurance and STD & LTD