Remote Litigation Legal Assistant – Secretary
Work fully remotely as long as you are in the PST/PDT, preferably in ID, OR, WA, AZ, NV, NM, WY, or CA. Flex-time starts at 8:30, 9, or 9:30 and ends at 5, 5:30, or 6 pm.
$60,000-$75,000, depending on location, legal experience, and education. * if you live near an existing office location, this role may be a hybrid
The firm has outstanding benefits, and you will work with dynamic and well-respected litigation lawyers in CA and other cities in the US.
Solid knowledge of California state e-Filing procedures and federal e-Filing procedures is required.
This firm has one of the world’s most robust integrated legal practices, with 45 offices worldwide. The firm is renowned for its local connections and global influence, delivering comprehensive legal services worldwide.
The firm seeks a Legal assistant/secretary to join their litigation Practice Group. You will support 5 attorneys who work in the firm’s San Francisco office and other offices within the US.
Please have 2+ years as a legal secretary, legal assistant, or paralegal working in litigation in a law firm. This job will also work in other litigation practice groups and corporate law.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Draft, revise, and format legal documents, correspondence, memoranda, and e-mail
- Perform administrative tasks such as preparing expense reports, check requests, client invoices, and time entries, as requested
- E-filing in the State (CA) and Federal courts
- Maintaining and managing client files
- Maintaining attorneys’ calendars and scheduling appointments
- Initiating communication and responding to client inquiries
- Coordinating client meetings, travel arrangements (domestic and international), and conferences
- Performing general administrative tasks of filing, mailing, answering phone calls, and greeting clients
- Working cooperatively with staff, paralegals, and lawyers
- Maintaining proficiency with office procedures and staying current with Firm technology
- A High School diploma is required
- 2+ years of litigation experience as a legal assistant. legal secretary, or paralegal
- 50-60 wpm typing
- e-Filing experience in CA and federal courts is required
- Good working knowledge of document management systems such as iManage or other legal document management systems
- Computer proficiency in Windows-based software and Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. Basic technological and research skills.
37.5-hour workweek, paid overtime, very stable and growing, fantastic healthcare benefits, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 20 days PTO, ten holidays, 401k, and a very social, open, diverse firm culture
Comments are closed.