Remote Litigation Paralegal
The position is currently remote, with the option to come into the office voluntarily. When the office fully opens, the position will be hybrid and more than likely three days in the office, two days remote. The office is not yet fully open, and a return date is still TBD. You must live in the DC area and be able to come into the office when needed.
The firm requires every employee to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to work in their offices unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. Proof of vaccination will be required.
This premier, growing, and stable law firm seeks an experienced litigation paralegal for their DC office is located near Foggy Bottom metro. With more than 2,600 colleagues across 45 offices in 20 countries, they are well-established geographically with strong local and regional positions in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Latin America. Their practice experience spans all key sectors.
You will support the litigation department and assist clients throughout the USA. Please have at least five years of paralegal or legal assistant litigation experience.
Your duties will include document organization, reviewing all relevant pleadings and documents, entering/updating events in the docket database, file maintenance; preparation for depositions and trials; and typing, formatting, and proofreading a variety of legal correspondence briefs, motions, and pleadings. Must be available for overtime and travel as needed.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree required. A paralegal certificate is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed:
- 5+ years of large case experience to support busy litigation practice
- Previous trial experience is required
- Litigation experience in a large corporate setting or law firm is preferred but not required
- Ability to assist attorneys in document review and all aspects of case preparation
- Proficient with cite-checking, blue booking, and legal editing
- Proficient with electronic court filing systems in the federal and state courts.
- Experience conducting research, organizing information, drafting citations, and proofreading and editing documents
- Possess strong technological and computer capabilities, including knowledge of litigation technology
- Experience in IPro Eclipse is a plus
- Demonstrate excellent communication, grammar, and organizational skills
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with attention to detail; work with teams and under pressure, and meet deadlines
The firm offers a professional and friendly work environment with competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including health, dental, life, STD, LTD, 401(k) 21 days PTO, and many other excellent benefits