Remote SAP Network Engineer Firewall & Compliance
Work from anywhere. This position is remote, with up to 10% travel to Client locations that follow all COVID safety protocols.
Up to $150,000 with incredible growth, work, and benefits
This International employee-focused State-of-the-Art Government Contractor that provides migration, networking, computing, and security for hybrid cloud environments with cutting-edge contracts all over the country seeks a SAP Technical Network Engineer who is ready for the next step in their career.
The firm is responsible for internal and customer operations facing data centers and services like storage, compute backup, and network. The Cloud Network Delivery unit, as part of Cloud Infrastructure Services, supports the client’s global network infrastructure, including the local as well as the wide-area networks.
Their team is looking for an experienced Technical Service Engineer to support their various security products/services (Firewall, Compliance, etc.). You will manage an assigned group of cloud landscapes, as we refer to as platform area and including public/private cloud. You will also interface for consulting or driving projects related to the service. You will be involved in significant and complex operation outage(s) to bring resolution to all manners with a high sense of urgency for our customers’ technological issues. You will participate in their Change Technical Validation Process, validating that all requested technical proposals reviewed with sharp, diligent oversight.
The firm believes in a trust-based working model.
You will be supporting Security Products (Firewall, IPS, DDoS, etc..) across platform areas. Participate in On-Call Rotation.
As a Change Technical Validation Expert, you will review the Playbook/Runbook developed by the operations engineer and ensure infrastructure availability and identify possible risks.
Solution Design: Involve in sessions with operations engineer(s) on mapping requests to existing service delivery. If not found, work on developing a solution with platform engineering.
Incident Management: Drive major/complex outage(s) to resolution.
Service Delivery: Develop KPI for the service and report to management on Capacity Management.
Manage Service: Interface with Manage Service Provider as Consultant Role
Collaboration: Be the link to storage and virtualization teams.
Ensure compliance of network infrastructure to global standards and ensure global alignment across the regional delivery teams. Develop and maintain tools for automation of network device configurations and deployments.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Communications Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8-10 years of work experience in the networking field
- You must have in-depth knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite: preferably in firewalling as core competence; however, additional disciplines such as switching, routing, and load balancing are welcome.
- You must have a good understanding of virtualization and SDN/OpenStack technologies like VLAN, VxLAN, VRF, etc., and experience with scripting and automation (e.g., Ansible, Python, Java, Perl) with a high understanding of Hyperscalers, Cloud computing, SaaS, & hosted systems.
- You must have expert abilities in developing and documenting network designs and concepts with Project Management Experience.
- Flexible, self-motivated, and able to work independently in a fast-paced and multicultural organization and the flexibility to work on a convenient schedule for our customers.
- You must be fluent in spoken and written English is a prerequisite with good interpersonal and great communication skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Certificates in the respective technology industry (Security: CCNP Security, Routing: CCNP-R&S, etc.). Any Firewall/platform related certification is highly desired
Knowledge of Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention systems
Experience with different VPN implementations
Experience with leading Firewall platforms (Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, PANW, and others)
Experience with Storage and Compute as part of Infrastructure ecosystems is plus
Basic Financial Understanding (OPEX & CAPEX)
Experience in Service ownership / Coordination is a plus
Experience with Public Cloud offerings is a plus
Competitive Salary UP TO $130,000
The firm offers extensive Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription Insurance, pays 80% of the premiums, free life insurance, STD/LTD, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment & Worker’s Compensation. A 401(k) Retirement Plan, an annual Performance/Profit-Sharing bonus program, and a stock incentive plan.
The firm offers tuition reimbursement per calendar year for eligible fees and expenses of a degree related to your job for career advancement. The firm will pay for IT training as required and offers a bonus program for certifications achieved while at the firm.
PTO is 120 hours (15 days) per year plus nine company holidays.
The firm offers other unique benefits such as affordable Legal Services and Identity Theft Protection services. The firm provides a monthly phone and Internet allowance, plus a company laptop and service plan.