Restaurant General Manager
Location: SE DC in Anacostia.
Be the captain of your own ship in opening this new restaurant.
Salary up to $100,000 with generous benefits and growth
Incredible management and a forward-thinking organization
This growing stable national restaurant management firm seeks an experienced Restaurant General Manager to open a new dine-in sports-themed restaurant in Anacostia.
You will lead the operation of the restaurant and have overall responsibility for directing the daily operations of the restaurant, ensuring compliance with company standards in all areas of operation, including product preparation and delivery, customer relations, restaurant maintenance and repair, handling inventory management, team management, recruiting, hiring, termination and retention of team members, financial accountability, and ensuring that the highest quality products and services are delivered to each customer. You will work in the beginning M-F from 10-7 or 11-8, which may require additional 5-10 extra hours per week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Control the day-to-day operations by scheduling, ordering, and developing the restaurant team members.
- Control profit & loss by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions.
- Recruit, interview, and hire team members; conduct performance appraisals, take disciplinary action and terminations; and must successfully train and motivate the team.
- Ensure that the Occupational Safety and Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policies are being adhered to.
- Ensure that the restaurant complies with the preventative maintenance program regarding facility, equipment, and grounds maintenance.
- Ensure a safe working and customer experience environment by facilitating safe work behaviors of the team.
- Maintain fast, accurate service and positive guest relations and ensures products are consistent with company quality standards.
- Ensure food quality and 100% customer satisfaction.
- Ensure complete and timely execution of corporate & local marketing programs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required; a degree in hospitality management is preferred.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in the food service or hospitality industry is required.
- A proven track record of leadership and managerial skills while providing exceptional customer service is required.
- Good computer skills are required.
- You must be proficient with the internet and utilize computerized business tools such as email, learning management systems, and memo software. Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other appropriate software.
You will manage a staff of 10 to start, consisting of part-time and full-time team crew members, shift leaders, and managers.
Excellent benefits that include medical, two weeks vacation and one week of sick leave, and more