Forward thinking CPA firm seeks an experienced Senior Accountant to join their team. To be qualified, you need to have at least 4 years’ experience with individual and corporate tax preparation, full cycle bookkeeping on the cash and accrual basis, expert knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop and Online, Payroll, Word, Excel, Outlook and other accounting software. CPA firm experience is required.
The position is a hybrid position with a mix of working in the office and at home. The work week in the summer is 4 days a week!
The salary is $75K to $90K.
You also need to have a take charge attitude and be an excellent communicator (both verbal and written) and extremely detailed oriented. Finally, you need to have a passion for accounting and helping entrepreneurs succeed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review tax returns for Individuals (1040), S-corp (1120S) & C-corp (1120), Partnerships (1065), and Not-for-Profits (990)
- Prepare and review Amended individual tax returns (1040X)
- Conduct Tax Planning and Projections with individual and businesses
- Handle routine client questions, and work with clients to obtain necessary information for financials and tax return completion
- Respond to IRS notices independently
- Conduct tax research for unusual situations
- Assist with training of junior accountants with software & support in tax issues, including QuickBooks and Payroll software
- Ability to manage staff, business organizations and processes
- Make journal entries for month and year-end financial closings including reconciliations, prepaids and accruals.
- Perform complex financial analysis, and communicate to clients on them
Minimum Qualifications (Education, experience, certifications):
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting
- CPA or CPA Candidate
- At least 4 years’ current tax preparation & accounting experience of Private Companies, High Net-Worth Individuals & Not-for-Profit entities in a CPA firm
- Experience in with some or all these industries: nonprofits, government contractors, professional services, and tech companies
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, Payroll Functions and Excel (Experience with Proseries, Checkpoint, XCM, Unanet, Deltek and OnPoint PCR a plus)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines and budgets
- Great communicator, detail oriented, take-charge personality
The firm is an innovative, entrepreneurial minded accounting firm. We have a laid back, progressive work environment, and our firm is dedicated to helping business owners succeed. Compensation will be based on experience. The CPA firm has a strong teleworking program, 401k, health, dental, vision, long term disability, short term disability, life insurance, on-premises gym and education reimbursement benefits.