Senior Compensation Analyst
Chicago, IL, near Union Station.
Bring your HR and compensation to one of the world’s premier law firms with business centers worldwide seeks a Senior Compensation Analyst who will work independently but as part of a cohesive team in their beautiful Chicago office.
A hybrid model of 3 days in the office and 2 days remote work after an initial training period.
9-5 (35-hour work week) M-F. this is an EXEMPT position.
The range is $100,000 – $130,000 DOE.
This position will provide you with national and global experience, a lot of leadership exposure, and the opportunity to build relationships with many people.
You will be part of a cohesive 8-member team and will run the largest compensation processes for the firm that will determine staff and associates’ compensation. This process begins each year in February for July Staff increases. Associates start in August for increases in January.
You will report to the Sr Manager of Analytics and Compensation as a senior compensation analyst. You are responsible for analyzing and monitoring employee compensation and other data elements while leading various projects and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing annual Firm salary review processes and Firm bonus calculations as necessary, including non-US office salary processes.
- Creating ad hoc compensation reports from the PeopleSoft Human Resources system.
- Reviewing compensation surveys and analyzing compensation survey results.
- Leading, monitoring, and documenting compensation programs.
- Creating compensation budget information.
- Lead ad hoc definition of salary compensation levels for staff and lawyers
- Lead the completion of analysis for special compensation-related projects.
- Reconciling compensation information between the Firm’s payroll systems and human resource system
- Proposing and implementing innovative business solutions and other business improvements about compensation
- Completing heavy special project work, including responsibility for the recommendation, design, management, and implementation of compensation initiatives
- Assisting in the development, implementation, and roll-out of the automated compensation management system.
Required Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, Organizational Behavior, Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- A minimum of five years of experience in HR
- A minimum of four years of experience in compensation
- Ability to analyze technical solutions and propose sound conclusions to a variety of insurance, accounting, and other financial issues.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) from World at Work organization
The firm offers excellent big-firm benefits that include Health/vision/dental insurance coverage starting day 1, pension plan: the firm contributes 5% of eligible pay (including base, and bonus) to employees’ pension plan accounts. Employees are fully vested after 3 years of service. 401k: Can sign up immediately, with no waiting period. Pre-tax, post-tax contribution options. 23 days PTO and additional learning and more!