This large and highly successful patent law firm in Boston, MA is seeking a Senior Patent Services Coordinator to support the staff in IP Operations.
The position begins working in the office and can transition to remote work after training and integration into the position.
Up to $90,000 with great benefits and growth
Hours are 8:30 to 5:00. Need to be vaccinated.
You will support the staff in IP Operations by floating between positions during scheduled or unscheduled absences or as needed due to workflow including but not limited to: Preparing or proofing new Utility applications, Bypass Continuation applications, and National Phase applications. To assume the responsibilities of the Team Leaders during scheduled or unscheduled absences. Preparing or proofing IDSs. Preparing or proofing formalities letters such as reporting letters for OFRs, Notices of Publication, Rejections, Recordation of Assignments and Company to Company Assignments, Issue Notifications, Letters Patent etc. Processing or proofing Notices of Allowance file reviews. Preparing, proofing or e-filing Requests for Corrected OFR, Issue Fee payments, Declarations and Assignments. Serve as a knowledge resource for answering staff questions regarding Patent Office and firm procedures which will require a thorough working knowledge of those procedures as well as the special client instructions. Contact and communicate with Examiners as needed to address administrative matters.
To support staff in Foreign Filing as needed by assisting with tasks that include but are not limited to: Preparing or proofing new International applications; reviewing and signing letters reporting communications received from the USPTO, WIPO or the Foreign Agent; preparing and sending communications to the Foreign Agent; preparing and submitting various documents to the USPTO or WIPO. To assume the responsibilities of the Team Lead during scheduled or unscheduled absences. Assist with clearing the docket; reviewing invoices, assigning tasks to the team via AMS; upload correspondence for certain clients using Anaqua, and reviewing and assigning incoming correspondence to Foreign Filing. Serve as a resource to answer questions from staff and the sections.
Conduct cross-training for staff on the National Phase and the Foreign Filing teams.
To support management by assisting with training on new processes and procedures, conducting research or completing special projects as needed.
Qualifications (Experience, knowledge, skills and abilities):
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of firm procedures and client special instructions.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the Patent Office rules and procedures regarding the information that should be included in letters and/or filings at any given time.
- Must have patent experience in the above noted areas
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to excel in detail checking
Excellent benefits including:
- Regular Hybrid Telecommuting with 100% telecommuting option
- Potential for Flex schedule options
- Casual attire
- Competitive healthcare options
- Firm paid life insurance and long-term disability benefits
- Pet Insurance through Nationwide
- Critical Illness and Accident insurance options
- Comprehensive Longevity Bonus & Benefits Program
- Generous Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Pre-tax transportation expense discounts
- 401(k) eligible after one month
- Annual Pension contribution
- Onsite parking and nearby Metro
- Wireless discount programs
- Gym membership fee reimbursements
- Firm-wide social activities
Please call 703-944-5697 or email your resume to email@example.com