UCC Compliance Review Paralegal
Work for an incredible manager and team!
NO billable hours’ requirement
Up to $115,000 DOE with growth and incredible benefits.
Hybrid work model of 3 days in the office in downtown Chicago (The Loop) and two days remote or in NYC.
8:30-5 or 9-5:30 with an hour lunch break
This award-winning international firm with offices in all major business centers worldwide seeks a UCC Paralegal who loves working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness, and adaptability.
You will be responsible for reviewing the content of all UCC financing statements prepared by MB and counsels to other parties to ensure compliance with Uniform Commercial Code Article 9 (“UCC”) requirements.
- Reviews UCC financing statements to confirm compliance pursuant to questions on a master review form such as confirming the debtor and secured party, the accuracy of debtor’s name, the filing jurisdiction, the collateral description, and defined terms
- Reviews for compliance with underlying documents, UCC Article 9, jurisdiction-specific requirements, as well as recommended practices of the Firm
- Composes UCC reviews to show findings of the UCC review and distribute them among attorneys and paralegals as required. Responds to all inquiries as needed
- Communicates and coordinates with attorneys, paralegals, vendors, and other staff to monitor UCC financing statements throughout filing process
- Confirms that UCC financing statements that have been reviewed were duly filed, that acknowledgment copies of them are in Firm’s DMS, and certain cautionary language has been sent to the client
- Maintains UCC filing information in Firm database
- Conducts Web research as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned or required to meet Firm goals and objectives
- Bachelor’s degree, required and a Paralegal Certificate is preferred
- Extensive training and understanding of Uniform Commercial Code Revised Article 9
- 2-20 years of solid UCC experience, Salary based on years of experience
- Previous transactional paralegal or other relevant UCC experience is preferred
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
They offer an excellent salary of up to $115,000 based on education, skills, and years of experience. Comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, back-up childcare and eldercare, generous vacation and personal/sick plan, discretionary bonus, and opportunities for professional development and growth.