Will-Train Attorney Development Administrative Assistant
Washington, DC, 1 block from Metro
Rare 35-hour work week! This position is a Hybrid schedule.
$60,000 – $64,000 with paid overtime and bonus
One of the world’s largest and most prestigious law firms with offices worldwide seeks a hard-working will-train attorney development administrative assistant to join their busy attorney recruitment department.
You will provide administrative and secretarial support for the Attorney Recruiting department.
- Provide administrative support including, but not limited to, telephone and receptionist services, logistical arrangements for meetings, maintaining calendars, and distribution of department mail.
- Prepare correspondence, documents, reports, and spreadsheets.
- Maintain department files, central index of attorney personnel files, records, and calendars.
- Process invoices, check requests, and expense reports by confirming the accuracy of the reports and ensuring that supporting documentation is attached before forwarding the documents for signature.
- Coordinate conference rooms, including logistics for food and room set-up.
- Assist with all attorneys’ arrival and transfer processes, including orientation schedules, providing office tours, and processing moving expenses.
- Assist with the departure process for attorneys, including coordinating with other departments as needed.
- Assist with attorney parental leave procedures and other leave procedures as needed.
- Assist with logistics for attorney training programs, including invitations, tracking RSVPs and follow-up efforts, creating and distributing sign-in sheets and materials, creating name badges, and coordinating with Conference Services as needed.
- Assist with attorney bar admission process, annual bar renewals, and related reporting.
- Assist with preparing and maintaining continuing legal education (CLE) applications and files.
- Assist with the administrative process for attorney evaluations.
- Assist with attorney engagement, integration, and retention efforts.
- Assist with tracking and monitoring confidential legal personnel information.
- Assist with coordinating office moves.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel) with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of receptionist, administrative or secretarial experience.
- 35-hour workweek
- The overall well-being of their team is important, and generous benefits help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k), and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off – 21 paid days your first year/ 29 paid days off after your first year/ 10 paid holidays per year
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.