Will Train Entry Level Paralegal – NYC
RARE OPPORTUNITY to enter an AM 50 firm and learn to be a paralegal.
Work for an incredible manager and team and learn Capital Markets Law!
Entry Level salary to $60,000 DOE with paid OT, growth, and incredible benefits
Hybrid work model of 3 days in the office in NYC and 2 days remote
8:30-5 or 9-5:30 with an hour lunch break
This award-winning international firm with offices in all major business centers worldwide seeks an entry level Capital Markets Paralegal who loves working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness, and adaptability.
If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability. Then, you may be the person to join the award-winning Paralegal department in the New York City office as a Paralegal.
You will work closely with attorneys, drafting offering documents for structured notes offerings. The paralegal will be expected to work independently with clients, with minimal supervision. The paralegal will be expected to keep track of the timing of any offerings worked on so that client deadlines and SEC filing deadlines will be met.
- Drafting high volumes of structured note pricing supplements daily, to be reviewed internally, and approved by clients and subsequently filed with the SEC
- Assist attorneys at times with the closing of securities offerings by companies in various industries, including the financial, life sciences and technology sectors
- Assist in the preparation and filing of SEC documentation including, but not limited to, pricing supplements, term sheets and prosperous supplements
- Extensive interaction with Wall Street financial institutions
- Prepares drafts of structured note offering documents
- Liaise with attorneys regarding status of offerings and documentation
- Assist in major organizational projects, such as public and private offerings
- Assist with necessary SEC filings
- Prepare and file DTC Letters of Representation
- Prepare and file CUSIP applications with the CUSIP Service Bureau
- Obtain information and certified filings with Secretaries of State and other state and federal government agencies, including Good Standing Certificates and Charter Documents
- Prepare and assist with closing of transactions, including the creation of closing files and closing sets of CDs
- Maintain client files in an orderly fashion and in compliance with Firm procedures
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned or required to meet Firm goals and objectives
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 1 year law firm, banking, financial institution experience as a paralegal, legal assistant or legal secretary
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office product
- Paralegal will be trained in SEC filings, coordinating with financial printers and using a Bloomberg Terminal
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with all levels of the Firm and outside vendors
They offer an excellent salary of up to $60,000 based on education, skills, and years of experience. Comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, back-up childcare and eldercare, generous vacation and personal/sick plan, discretionary bonus, and opportunities for professional development and growth.